Look what I can do!

OMG I am blogging!

As I mentioned before I've not been in the mood lately for blogging, but today I'm compelled. Partly because of my current load situation, partly because I just want to.

I'm sitting in Concordville, PA on a load that has not started my day off as I'd hoped. I was supposed to have been able to come here, drop my empty trailer, pick up a preloaded trailer that was supposed to be ready at 1am and then hit the road bound for the VA Beach area of VA.

Not what is happening at all.

When I arrived I learned that my load was not due to be ready until 10am today. I was advised to get back in my truck and wait to see what might happen. I was called back and told to dock at a door so that my empty trailer could be loaded with my freight. Right on, only I've been docked now for nearly an hour and they still haven't even started loading me.

I had a great schedule planned out for today and this situation just throws a total bone in it. But oh well, that's the way it goes. One I do get loaded I hope to be on my way to VA Beach. I just hope that the rest of the day goes well because I've only got twelve and a half hours left on my seventy hour work week to use today and would prefer not to have to cut my driving plan short because of something stoopid like traffic jams.

Anywho. The other day I was at one of our company terminals near St. Louis just chillin' for the evening talking with a couple of other drivers and was talking to them about strange things one sees over the road. If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you've probably heard about the weenie waggers in particular. I related my experiences to the other drivers with much laughter following the tale.

Well, the next day I headed east with my load and wouldn't ya know it, I got wagged at! This poor guy had a teeny weenie but was attempting to give it hell whilst driving down the road. He had passed me and I thought I'd seen him mating with his had but wasn't sure if that's exactly what I saw. It wasn't confirmed until he slowed down again a few miles later and tried to get my attention by wiggling his weenie at me.

I looked over, laughed, showed disgust, and then had to grab the shoulder because he was watching me, not the road and swerved and nearly hit my darling Trucky. It just baffles me why guys feel compelled to do this, I assure you it's not something a lady would do. (I'm not accounting for females that are not ladylike of course.) And I just get annoyed that these guys are putting themselves, myself and all others on the road in danger just so they can show off the little appendage between their legs.

Of course, while weenie wagging is a dangerous event, so are the following Top Ten drivers' seat distractions that I have in fact seen as I've been driving along the highways and byways of these great States.

1) a guy playing a banjo (my personal favorite so far)

2) a woman utilizing a breast-milk pump

3) an elderly woman eating soup from a bowl with a spoon (as if old folks aren't bad enuf drivers)

4) a guy with his laptop sitting on the steering wheel, typing feverishly

5) a person (sex undetermined due to lack of proper line of sight) reading a news paper

6) a woman giving her small lap dog a brushing

7) a woman talking on two, yes two!, cellular phones

8) a woman turned around facing the backseat tending to a baby in a car seat. NO eyes whatsoever on the road ahead, no one occupying the passenger seat to act as a warning system, it was appalling!

9) a guy furiously mating with himself (times three now)

10) a woman holding her cellular in one hand and coffee in the other looking directly at her passenger for nearly two miles worth of road

Comments

The Daily Rant said…
This list is SO funny! I've never seen a guy mating with himself (dammit) but I did see a woman with BOTH of her breasts out, just sitting there in the passenger seat as if she were fully dressed.

Some of the other stuff too - the talking on the phones, the laptop, the eating....although, soup is a new one. LOL

Fun post!
Indy said…
Sadly, in 30 years of what you folk call OTR I have to say that there's not much I haven't seen - including people mating with each other at somewhere between 60 - 70 MPH. Talk about death wish.

I am not sure I could make excuses for 4 wheelers doing this sort of behaviour, but I figure that they are NOT supposed to be professionals at this driving caper, so I will (sort of) give them a tiny bit of slack for being too dead set stupid to realise just how dumb these activities are BUT I have to say I have seen "so called" professional drivers reading emails and Lord alone knows what all else whilst driving.

Truckies have NO EXCUSES for such anti social and downright ignorant, brain dead behaviour. We SHOULD know better, wouldn't you say? Thankfully it is a very small minority Downunder, but ONE driver doing this is too many - particularly in built up areas. Out in our remote wastelands may be different, but then I wouldn't see them doing it then, would I?

I won't detail here what I've seen over the years, but you wouldn;t credit it - dead set!
Anonymous said…
Gi-Gi ... consider yourself tagged. See my blog post:

http://truckintedybehr.blogspot.com/2009/07/getting-to-know-each-other.html
Nicole said…
Great top 10! It's scary to think that people actually do those things while driving. My mom had a friend what would read books while driving on long trips.
GoGo said…
me: 1 Weenie Wagger, Maybe he thought i was you.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up