On the Road Again

Well my vacation is over and I'm back on the road. I feel fresh and recharged and ready to go! I had a great two weeks and am sooo glad that I was able to take so much time off. It was certainly needed.

I had a blast on the trip to North Carolina. Six days of camping in the mountains, relaxing in a cool mountain stream and spending time with people you enjoy being with really is the way to vacation! Throw in a bunch of really awesome motorcycles and awesome weather... it's amazing!

Once back at the homestead, time off was a little busier as I had a lot of stuff to get done around the house and about town. While I was home, I also purchased a new personal vehicle.... trading in the little Chevy Colorado for my dream boat of a Nissan Titan V8 (oh yeah). I love it. yay!

On Thursday of last week I called in to check the status of Trucky and was amazed to learn that he was untouched, still sitting in the terminal in Columbus where I left him. There had been no one in need of a loaner while I was away. And I am so very thankful for that. I would have hated the thought of someone else's arse in my drivers' seat... in my bed. Not to mention that people who take loaners tend to treat them like rental cars... ya know... drive it like ya stole it kinda stuff.

So I was so pleased to learn that my dearest Trucky was un-molested and still all mine! I got moved back into Trucky when my sweetie and I arrived in Columbus last night. Once we got all my stuff installed and the truck cleaned up a little we headed into downtown for a meal and some quiet time. We had a tasty dinner at the Tip-Top restaurant before retiring to a hotel near the company terminal for the night. I was so glad I knocked the idea of both of us sleeping in Trucky for the last night of vacation. The king size bed, air conditioning, hot shower and cable tv were a much better alternative to a cramped super single mattress in my humble sleeper berth with no tv, no shower, and a/c only if I wanted to idle.

This morning we woke up a little sluggish but managed to get motivated before too late. When we got to the terminal I came to the realization that my vacation was officially over. Talk about a bummer! But I had a work assignment and things to do, places to go. So after sending my sweetie on his way home, my momentary depression passed quickly and off I went.

On the road again... Goin' places that I've never been. Seein' things that I may never see again... I can't wait to get on the road again.

Comments

Indy said…
Glad you enjoyed your time off. You did EXACTLY what people in this industry SHOULD do when they aren't on duty - you quarantined yourself completely from the job.

I do that even on weekends. My employer does not even KNOW my home telephone number (as much his choice as mine) and my mobile (cell) stays in the truck, unless I am hoping to hear from somebody important like ... well ... like my best friend! :-)

I will give you a couple of lines from another song that are just appropriate .......

I've got a mind to see my headlights shining on that old white line between my heart and home.

Sick of spending Sundays wishin' they were Mondays
Sittin' in a park alone

So give my best to anyone who's ever left who ever done me
Any loving way but wrong

Tell them that the pride of just the other side of nowhere's going home. (K. Kristofferson)
Bijou said…
Hi Gi-Gi,

I'm glad you had a great vacation. Mom says everybody needs a break from work once in awhile.

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou
Belledog said…
Gigi: now that you are safely back: where in the NC mountains did you vacation? Typing this query from Lake Lure, south of Chimney Rock Village and Bat Cave, NC.

Have loved it here, and you ain't kidding about the many motorcycles, mountain streams and all around great atmosphere and weather.

Glad you enjoyed your vacation, and that Trucky remains yours alone.

Cheers.

Belledog (newly minted CDL holder! Which gives me a license to learn to drive way way better)

Jeez. My captcha is "outsourc"

at least they can't do that -- too much -- with truck driving
Jason S Harry said…
Welcome back to the road! Time goes by too quick on vacation, right?

Lucky you, two weeks off in a row!

I'm sooo jealous, I always wanted a Titan! Nice ride! Glad your other ride was right where you left her!
Steve2.Net said…
Hi! I was looking for the blog entry where you, uhm, quit your boring office job and head out for OTR ... heh ...
Anonymous said…
Just wanted to say I read your blog all the time and love it! Nice choice on trucks you have! I have a Titan as well and love it more every day! The power is unbelievable! I love to make them Dodge boys cry when I whip their Hemi! My boys, 8 and 9, laugh whenever they see a Hemi on the road now!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up