Hot Hot Hot... and Random

Ugh, Texas... Summer... Heatwave. Blah.

I was walking across the truck stop parking lot... I thought I'd stepped in gum. Nope, when I checked my soles I found no affixed foreign ickyness. Apparently, the blacktop part of the parking lot was just so hot that it made my rubber soles stick to the ground. UGH!

On my way to my delivery destination today Trucky was attacked by a suicidal mourning dove, again. What is it with mourning doves anyway? Is their life really so bad that they have to fly into the path of oncoming traffic so as to end their lives via windshield? Poor things.

I also saw a young calf romping around with another young calf... they were both bouncing around and running into each other. It was cute. Sad to know that before too long they'll be just like their much less active older relatives before finding their way to the slaughter house. Mmmm...steak.

I had the perfect pizza sub from a Subway today. When I get a hankering for a pizza sub I always wonder how bad it's going to have been flattened out or over toasted by the Subway crew. It normally never fails that once it's been toasted and is then on its way to being wrapped it gets smooshed beyond recognition. This annoys me because if I'd wanted something flattened that tasted like pizza, I'd have just found a pizza joint.

Today, however, I was served by a district manager who made me the most perfect pizza sub I've ever encountered at a Subway establishment. I thanked her for her tender touch and generous helping of extra sauce! She smiled and thanked me for shopping at Subway. And the world was a happier place.

I'm going to watch a movie I bought today at some point during this 34 hour restart. It's called "The Orphanage". I have no idea if it's good or bad. I've never heard anyone talk about it and have not searched for any online reviews. I hold onto the hope that it will not be as bad as "Trailer Park of Terror".

I will probably also find time to finish reading the third book, "The Pagan Stone" from the Nora Roberts trilogy "Signs of Seven". I've been reading a little every night, having to set my alarm to remind myself that I DO have a sleep schedule to maintain. The first two books were just as this one has been at enveloping me in its' pages and words in such a way that I feel like I am part of the story. That's really what I look for in fiction authors these days, someone who can make me feel like I'm part of it all, whisking me away from my reality into the story line.

I've got two books lined up that I'm itching to get into as soon as I've finished this last book of the trilogy. They are written by another amazing author, Tess Gerritsen. I love her stuff and have to thank my sister for turning me onto her books with the first one that she loaned me called "The Bone Garden". I highly suggest picking it up should you see it, it's a MUST read for anyone into murder, mystery, history, romance and a maybe just a little mayhem.

....This is such a random blog. I love it. Sometimes it's nice to just type about whatever pops into my head. Like vacation. I'm so stoked about my week long vacay coming up next week. One week from tomorrow actually, I should be pulling into my chosen terminal, emptying out Trucky, heading home then further away to the quiet hills of North Carolina for some much needed R & R.

I hope to spend as much time as I can lazing around, drinking adult beverages, laughing and talking with friends, soaking up the sunshine, riding motorcycles and enjoying not being responsible for 80K lbs of anything until July 1st!

Woo Hoo!

Ok... I'm gonna go now that my mind is cleared of clutter for the time being. toodles!

Comments

Angela said…
FYI - The Orphanage was a pretty good flick, despite the subtitles since it was filmed with spanish speaking actors, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Two thumbs up... recommended fo'sho'.
M. L. Kiner said…
"The Hong Kong Connection" is a legal thriller about a gutsy female attorney who takes on high ranking International officials. It's a taut, rollercoaster of a ride from New York to Palm Beach to Washington D.C. to Hong Kong. The plot is expertly woven, the characters persuasive, and the dialogue snappy and spot on.
www.StrategicBookPublishing.com/TheHongKongConnection.html

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic