Uncertainty...

Not quite sure what I'm gonna end up blogging about. Probably my usual daily minutiae and random nonsense. I could complain that I am STILL in Texas, that it's still hot as ballz, that I'm tired of sweating... but that's just not my style today (or is it?).

I should tell you about getting cornered by a security guard at a shipper this morning. The man, of latin descent, blocked my path to the shipping/receiving check in area so he could tell me what a shame it was that such a beautiful person such as me felt compelled to deface my body with tattoos and piercings. He then went on to ask me why I did it and when I gave him my usual response of "I can't give you a reason that you would appreciate or understand" he clicked his tongue, shook his head and gave off a general pose of disappointment. He then continued to speak and tell me that God may never forgive me for marking up his temple and promptly proceeded to hand me several religious tracts before finally moving aside to let me enter the office.

I get the "tsk-tsk" tongue click often because of my tattoo's, but I've never actually had someone attempt, much less succeed in keeping me from any task at hand. He was a large man, not fat but muscular and every time I attempted a slick side-step towards the door of the office he would counter act my move. It was annoying but I guess since he was trying to save my soul I can forgive his actions. I did let the office personnel know why I was delayed in arriving to check in, as this whole thing put me about 7-10 minutes behind schedule for checking in at my scheduled appointment time. They nodded, said that the guard holds a lot of people up so he can spread the "good word", and then added "What can you do?" before laughing it off.

I know what you can do... tell your damn employees that not everyone appreciates being late for their appointments because he feels the need to hand out religious propaganda to people in the parking lot. At least advise him to wait until drivers are checked in, parked and kicking back while being loaded to preach to the masses. Geeze.

Oh wow... I bet I just showed a little bit of my true colors on that whole recap of events. But whatever. I am sure there are folks out there that are devout to their religious beliefs that don't appreciate other people forcing their beliefs upon them in their work place or other public arena.

Anywho before I derail this word train and head full steam out into territory that is not related to my usual topic of my life on the road... I shall return to the days' events. Once my empty trailer had been filled I was on my way out of Houston and headin' north to Dallas. I had a very uneventful drive, which I suppose is a good thing. I arrived in Dallas much earlier than I'd anticipated, delivered my load and then bob tailed over here to our Dallas terminal for the night.

I had a few more hours I could've made myself available for and gotten closer to being out of Texas tonite, but I didn't sleep well last night and figured I'd be best off being safe than sorry. So I am gonna relax and enjoy the air conditioning and then head to bed a little early tonight. I shall dream of being on my way towards home, which I hope to be as of morning, being that I am just 4 days away from the start of my vacation.

Yay! Vacay!

Comments

oh man!...i can't even begin to tell you how many levels this upsets me on.....who in tarnation does this guy think he is???...blocking your path for any reason is harrassment at the the least and borders on downright felonious kidnapping....and commenting on your body....sexual harrassment......and then for the company to laugh it off?????....unreal!!!!!!!!!!!...i think what offends me the most about it is that i am a christian...more of a spiritual person than belonging to any "organized" religion and i believe that one's personal relationship with God is just that....personal.....zealots like that guy give all christians a bad name.....you're a much better person than me....i'd have probably crotchrocketed him out of my way......be safe!
Brad said…
Are you kidding me??!!! I am a ex-preacher and one that never ever never tried to force anything about anything on anybody. The way I look at it you should have called the police. He was pretty much restraining you under false pretense, sexual harassing you and almost kidnapping you in a way. Also you should call the security company he works for and sense the company you were picking up at thought it was so frigging funny they could be held likeable in his actions. This is the way of the world now I guess and it sucks. I having one extra hole in me that I wanted and no tats, because I hate needless. Gi-Gi, Ruth Ann read me your post and I could not get on here fast enough to voice my opinion. I am so sorry that this has happened to you.
The Daily Rant said…
I'm with you 100% on this one. Believe what you want but PLEASE do not force me to listen to you. I would have told him something wise-ass like they were secret Satanic messages and if he looked at them any longer, they'd burn his eyeballs.

FYI - I like the "badass" profile pic!
Unknown said…
Since I'm sleeved out I tend to get some of the same reactions but since the popularity of the tattoo reality shows the negative comments are getting rarer. You were much more polite than what I would've been, customer or not. If a person is doing something like that I'll usually give them two chances to back off, the third time I'm telling them to get the F* out of the way (not necessarily cursing but it's in a VERY stern voice) and it usually shocks them so bad that it works. Doesn't sound like it would've phased this guy though.
amx1047 said…
Just wanted you to know I borrowed some of your pictures for my own blog - http://amx1047.blogspot.com/2009/05/but-i-cant-slide-tandems-to-rear.html - hope you don't mind. They were exactly what I needed.

I like the way you write. Hope you have a great vacation! Just getting out of the truck when I'm home is a mini vacation for me. I get so sick of it sometimes....
Hedon said…
Man!!

I'm with Salena, Brad, Ruth Ann and Gabby on this one. I think I would have lost my crap on him after the second attempt to slide by him.

Then I probably would have whipped out the camera, taken his pic, and informed him that I was going to get his pic tattooed on my butt with a "666" on his forehead. Bet that would have freaked him out enough to get him to move out of my way. :)

You were a lot nicer than I would have been.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic