Melting...

I do NOT recommend running out of hours in Texas... in June... during a heatwave. O M G it's hot!

I am trying to maintain a minimal idling cycle, 30 min. on, 1 hr off... but it's not helping. Within 5 minutes of shutting the engine off it's up to 85+ degrees inside the truck. This sucks.

I'm also trying to maintain control of my insane craving for going into the truck stop to buy every last ounce of ice cream they have in the coolers. That's a tough one. Almost as tough at my fast food battle a couple days ago, which I won in favor of my monthly pledge against fast food. I was dying for a Big Mac... I was at a truck stop which just so happened to have a Micky D's... with the encouragement of a friend, and a little self administered tough love, I overcame the urges to get the burger and fries and shake I so desired.

I just had my next work assignment come across the Qualcomm... seems I don't get to escape TX just yet! I'll be picking up nearby and heading to Houston. Bah. That sucks. Unless I can get ahold of my friends that live in Baytown and see them.

...I just gotta keep my eye on the prize... one week from tomorrow I'll be packing up and heading out for VACATION!

Comments

Bijou said…
Hi Gi-Gi

Summers in Texas are not fit for hoomans or doggies. Too bad you don't have one of those APU's so you can stay cool without idling.

Take care!

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou
The Daily Rant said…
Why do you have to shut your truck off at all? Texas doesn't have any anti-idling laws...as a matter of fact, Texas of all places is pretty pro-truck.

I wouldn't shut my truck off for nothing or nobody if I didn't have an APU. ESPECIALLY not in Texas!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic