So I've finally arrived back to some sort of normalcy since my 10 day vacation. Which, by the way, was amazing on so many levels. My first run back was a late night pick up, all night run, and early morning delivery that took me from our Columbus terminal to Warren, OH to acquire the load then over to Rochester, NY to deliver. It was exhausting, especially since I'd had a full nights' sleep the night before and couldn't do more than cat nap before hitting the road after sunset. After I delivered, I shut down for a ten hour break behind the K-Mart store I had delivered at and managed about a two hour nap in the scorching heat. I idled off and on but to little avail. It was near 100 degrees out and this is not a girl who likes to sweat. 10 hr DOT break complete I headed over to Macedon, NY to pick up my next assignment, only to get there and be told it didn't exist. argh. So I moved down the street a piece to a local Wal-Mart where I occupied 65' of space for a fe...
Comments
We are fortunate as not to have a big issue with pickle parks (wry humour fully intended.
lot lizards are very rare and I would say that buffalos are completely unheard of. Do you mean to tell me that women drivers would use the services of a buffalo?
I am stunned and amazed!
Bugger!
I suppose that not everything has to have a sexual conotation out here, but after just shouting out over the CB in a truck stop parking lot to see what other people thing the meanings of the terms Buffalo and Pickle Park mean, 2 people gave similiar definitions to my own and one said they'd never heard the term before.
Then they started asking me what truck I was in, if I would show them my tits...etc. And as is my rule, I thanked them for their time and turned off the CB.
Pickle Park~ I have even another altering version for that one. A pickle park is where you will find drivers who have become pickled from sitting for sooooo long.
I have to agree, your pickle park definition is probably the best one , although I have never heard that version....However, I do often hear the men hollering " BJ on 23" as you drive past one! LOL
One thing I do get tired of hearing, well okay two things, is 1) "I ain't got no panties on." and 2) when someone finishes a statement instead of just shutting up they say "come on".
#1 used to make me laugh, now it just annoys me and makes me wonder why so many men wear panties that they have to take off.
#2 just makes people sound like they're retarded.
We just have our own brand of individuals who's mental development is severely retarded.
I think it was my best friend who mentioned to me the other day that evolution is alive and well, only it is REVERSE evolution and the results can be seen sitting around in road houses, talking B/S!