Memories

Today my mind was so blessed to be filled with many fond memories. I am currently on my way to Minnesota (for the first time ever!). And my route took me up I-29 through Council Bluffs, IA. Which is right across the river from my old (temporary) stomping grounds of Omaha, Nebraska. Actually when I lived there from 2001-2003 I was based in Bellevue, as my then (now ex) husband was stationed at Offut AFB.

I thought about the many friends I made while we lived there and all of the great times we had there as well. I LOVED the Henry Doorly Zoo most of all, but there were other locations we frequented with friends and by ourselves that I'd love to see again. Such as the Old Market area of downtown Omaha. First, stopping to dine at Spaghetti Works, then strolling through the shoppes to work up an appetite for dessert at Delice, which makes the most savory deserts and designer coffee's.

I also enjoyed what the locals simply referred to as the Mall. And no, it wasn't a shopping mall but a downtown park area that was lovely. It was properly named the Gene Leahy Mall and included large works of art, a sort of river and then a pond with a fantastic lighted fountain in the center. It was a place to just relax and enjoy nature in the midst of the bustling city of Omaha.

Of course, there were also some great shopping malls, which my friends and I would go to just to sit and people watch for hours. Omaha is also home to what I consider the mecca of home furnishing and entertainment needs.... Nebraska Furniture Mart. Seriously, I could have easily spent three days browsing through the massive warehouses and still not see everything there was to see. A trip to NFM was a whole day event and certainly well worth it.

Aside from the Zoo, the Mall, NFM and the Old Market, Omaha is home to some fantastic museums and shops, bars and lounges, comedy clubs and so much more. The best part of it, however, was that it was just being in a big city that had a small town feel. I love having had the opportunity to live just a hop, skip and a jump away from downtown.

So, after a trip down memory lane and continued on my merry little way to where I am now, in Sioux City, IA. Next stop is Worthington, MN and then who knows where life will take me! I know that at least I'll be headed eastward, since I'm due for some much needed time off next weekend.

I wish I could say that life had been more exciting lately... but it hasn't really. I can't think of anything of any real consequence that has occurred over the past few days that I need to blog about. I've worked and slept and sweated a little. But it's been pretty standard.

Oh... wait...DUH!

I did finally make some headway on my possible transition within the company yesterday. My manager finally got me the info I'd been asking for about the other division, including a contact name and number. So I called when I was taking my lunch break yesterday and talked to a recruiter about a few things. He answered some of my questions, but opted to save the rest of the more specific ones for the man in charge, who of course won't be back into the office until Monday.

Ugh... hurry up and wait, Gi-Gi! haha

So, Monday I hope to have a few spare moments to make another call and get some more info and answers. Then, I will be at a point when I can make a final decision to either proceed or stick to where I am right now. There is really just one major factor that will determine the rest of the race. So as of right now, I'm thinking that the future see's me changing lanes. We shall see!

In the meantime, hang in there folks. I'll be blogging more exciting stuff before too long, I'm sure of it! I mean, we're expecting 4-6 inches of snow up here this weekend and that alone should provide some entertaining stories!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gigi you must be trying to go on regional acct. Hope it works out!!


EW
Angela said…
Nope, but that'd be nice if I knew it would produce more miles and steadier paychecks!
Bijou said…
Hi Gi-Gi,

I liked this post about the time you spend in Omaha cause we live just two hours south of the Big O. BOL

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up