Oh Freight Where Art Thou...

Well I was enjoying some time off. Now I'm just getting annoyed.

I took time off for New Years. I got home the evening before New Years Eve and was supposed to only have three days off. I'm still at home... wondering if I will ever get a load. I guess you could say I'm on "standby" but from what they're telling me, I won't be going anywhere until maybe tomorrow, Monday the 5th.

Now don't get me wrong, I really enjoy having some extra time to spend with my sweetie and sleep in my own bed for a few more nights. But I'm sitting around here, getting bored and going shopping... spending money I'm not making. Plus I have to be ready at practically a moments notice in case they do find me a load or need me for a load save or something.

UGH.... that also means I don't get to enjoy a few more ice cold brewskis. Bah, humbug.

How is everyone else moving along out there?

Comments

Unknown said…
We have been running non stop since we came off home time on Dec 13. No rest for the weary, but that is the beauty of hauling food. People gotta eat!
The Daily Rant said…
We're sitting at home too. Been here since Christmas Day. Had a nice Christmas and a very boring New Year's Eve but now we're just sitting around eating too much food and watching DVD's.

Hope you get something soon. We'll be heading out in the next week too.

Happy New Year!!!

Salena & Eddie
Anonymous said…
Craig and Diane are right haha... still out there running hard coast-to-coast with the most :) Just docked my reefer and picked up a load of beef out of SoCal headed East, then will pull 44,000 lbs. of beer out of Georgia back out West... Hey, no matter how badly the economy may slump, there will always be a high demand for things like beer & meat. I suppose you already know all about the beer, though ahaha....
Anonymous said…
I'm a flatbed driver pulling a double drop RGN. I was sent home December 19th and just got a load yesterday morning...Yuck...
Anonymous said…
I here you on the beer part. I got on miller dedicated here in Ft Worth and the least miles I have put in was 3200 the week of Christmas. Its no less than 500 a day.90% d&h Burn my 70 and reset and do it over again. I figured the worse the economy gets the more people are going to drink.
Anonymous said…
Well you guys, my wife and I team drive for a primarily auto parts carrier. Imagine how many loads we are getting...he he. Happy New Year!!!!!

Thanks GiGi, for all the inspiration!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello