Sunday Snapshots

Just figured I'd post some recent foto's I've snapped along the way over the course of the past few weeks. Enjoy!

Support Trash

Taken in Chicago, IL. I was passing under an overpass, got stopped in traffic underneath for a couple minutes and figured I'd take a snapshot of the support structure that was filled with filthy trash.

A shallow pass.

The sign said "Low Clearance 13"." but I made it... as did all the other big trucks before and behind me. I was a little nervous though.

A loaded trailer.

The load I picked up in Chicago consisted of 7 pallets of generic wax paper to be sold at Dollar General stores in the east. I had to hang out on the dock and count the pallets as the loader put them on the trailer. I am just glad it wasn't too many, I may have lost count! haha

That's not snow... it's ice.

Icy conditions existed on I-68 in Maryland a couple weeks ago. As I progressed along the highway from the I-79/68 split in Morgantown, WV the ice got thicker and thicker on the foliage. I took this foto at what was probably the area with the thickest layer of ice. My best guess would be about an inch of ice. And of course, this foto doesn't even come close to doing it justice.

Sunrise Jan. 10, 2008

Sunrise somewhere along I-95. I was headed southbound towards Savannah, Ga. and was blessed to have been given the opportunity to see a lovely and colorful sunrise.

Pedro's South of the Border

So I've never had the courage to actually stop and visit Pedro's South of the Border. But I want to. It looks like tons of fun, don'tcha think? It's on I-95 at the NC - SC border. If you've been, you have to tell me if it's worth it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I spent the weekend parked there once at the truck stop. Free shower and it was interesting to walk around and watch the people Lot of cheapo crap there in the stores. Good ice cream shop and I played a few rounds of minuture golf. Decent resturant with cheap breakfast on northside by truckstop, more expensivesteak/seafood on south side.Good place to kill some time if waiting for a load from Lumberton NC. I belive thats the town north of there. This was in the summer.
Anonymous said…
Plenty of truck parking, restraunt that looks like a big hat has wonderful steaks. Lots of places to just wander and window shop. And yes Lumberton is the name of the town. Kind of dead in the winter.
Live about 80 miles from there and but did stop while driving as partner had never been there. He really enjoyed it.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello