Umm.. really?

The Story

Does this not bother anyone else? It bothers me... a great deal. I often imagined what life would be like in America if there were militiary patrols in our own backyards and on our own neighborhood streets. I suppose that if these things proceed... it might not be just my imagination any longer.

I know they claim that the troops would be for use to "help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe..." but umm.... isn't that was the National Guard is already trained and prepared for?

I mean.. "the reason why our founding fathers said there would be no standing army is because the federal government has no place in your town. The power to order troops, the power to be able to have people with weapons in your neighborhood must not ever be in the hands of the President or the congress. It must be in the hand of the individual governors. Our founders knew this." - (quoted from glenn beck)

All I can say is yikes.

If it happens and I see one f'n tank on any public street "patroling" I'm gonna have a fit!! A really big one.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Long story but a friend hooked me up to your blog. Great stuff, I've read all your adventures and have a few questions (CDL here also). Drop me a line please at:
limericc@ntelos.net
Decorina said…
Very scary move on the part of the Shrub.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic