Take a Picture, It'll Last Longer

Scale in and out...carefully.

At a recycling center in Buffalo, NY I had to back onto this scale while empty and then again after I was loaded up. It was a little tricky but thankfully there was a big empty lot across the way that I could utilize to make life easier.



Narrow passages.

Same recycling center, about 40 feet to the right of the scale was the "docks". Again, the empty lot across the street came in very handy.

Whatta mess...

The last one for the recycling center, just illustrating the mess that is made for the sake of being 'green'.


Getting "unstuck".

Lake effect snow squall on I-90, which dumped about 8 inches in a couple hours between Buffalo, NY and Erie, PA. Of course this was the only accident I saw. It was a big truck that skidded off into the median and needed a tow truck to help him back onto the actual road. Moron.

Trying to get there the round-a-bout way.


A round-a-bout on US-20 in Indiana. It was a little jammed up thanks to the slippery roads and scared drivers. But it wasn't that bad.

Foggy Topped Mountains

A really neat weather phenomenon where the fog actually rolls up, over and then down the mountain. I really thought it was just lovely. Taken on I-40 in North Carolina.

Photobucket

I was just following the grooves in the snow. As you might see, in about the center of the foto, the difference between the lane I was in and the lane to the right is about 5-7 inches. This was the madness I drove through in the northeast the week before Christmas. This section was actually worse than any of the rest of it.

Photobucket

The Wal-Mart Distribution Center in Raymond, NH... or is it? It was piled with the white stuff by the time I got there. It was fun... not.


Photobucket

Again at the W-M DC in NH, a small pile-o-snow ahead of me. The snow pile was smaller than some of the others around the facility but this was the only one I could get a proper picture of. The yard jockey in the foto was pulling out an empty trailer for me to take too. He was super nice and cute to boot!

Comments

Mark Krusen said…
nice job with the pictures. Hope you had a great new year.
bernie said…
Im always glad Im in a company truck when i goto recycling centers...they eat tires, lol
Unknown said…
Definitely don't miss driving in the northern part of the country, brrrr. I think I've been in that place at Buffalo but then again most docks in Buffalo look like that, LOL!

Gabrielle
Anonymous said…
Regarding recycling centers: You need to beg for a load out of Svinga Brothers in Miami. You thought Buffalo was tight. Svinga's has a similar scale set up, but no empty lot to wiggle around in. Blind-side backing all the way. But, loads are good. Usually 35,000 or 40,000 to Laredo, TX.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic