Who Knew Hell Would Really Exist?

And that it would be in New Jersey? - Leela from the Futurama Episode "Hell is Other Robots".

I delivered my load in Olive Branch, Mississippi after dodging the nasty weather. I picked up my next load in West Memphis at our Operations Center and headed east towards New Jersey. Thankfully I've been blessed with uneventful travel for the past few days. I left West Memphis and made it as far as Knoxville, TN. Stayed the night there, showered and got on the road and made it to Jessup, MD which is smack dab in the middle of DC and Baltimore.

I love coming here... because I get to spend time with my dear friends Bob & Ashley. This trip I got to meet their adorable new addition... Baby Mason. He's so handsome! We went out for dinner then went back to their place to hang out, catch up and watch a movie. The movie played, but we gabbed more than anything which was peachy! I had a wonderful time and wish I could've felt comfortable leaving my truck over night to stay with them, but since I park within the city limits and near a prison, I felt it was best that I stay with my rig and my load just in case someone noticed that it was unattended.

I get to sit around today until about 8pm doing nothing, essentially. I could've gotten up and driven on up to Jersey and stayed at another truck stop, but I decided that staying here until it was time to go was the best route. I'm not delivering my load until midnight tonight. I've got about three hours worth of driving to get to my destination outside of Trenton, NJ. If I leave here around 8pm, I'll get there a little early, which is fine by me.

What sucks about this is that it's going to throw me off my sleep and driving schedules. I've grown used to my 5am to 4pm winter schedule, always being lucky to be able to make my deliveries within that time frame. So when I get stuck with something like this, which requires me to be up when I'm generally asleep, it messes me up for a few days.

I've told the boss that after I make my delivery, which is to be a 2.5 hour live unload, that I will only drive a maximum of 4 hours, which should get me to a truck stop outside of the city or to our Carlisle OC. Once I've stopped I am not driving again until Tuesday morning.

I'm hoping they send me to the Carlisle, PA OC to get a load or somewhere close to there so I can at least be at our own facility to take my break and maybe do some laundry for free. haha

But who knows.

I'm really tired and I need to stay up for at least three more hours so I can get some fairly good rest before I have to drive tonite. I tried like hell to stay up last night but I only made it till midnight and then I had to crash. Ended up sleeping until 8am this morning. So I'm gonna be all jacked up when it comes to driving tonite.

...am I rambling?

I'm going to go for now. I may blog more later... I paid for 24 hours of internet access so I can play online all I want to keep me up. But I may watch a movie or read a book so I don't rot out my brain on the internet! haha

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gigi-Next time you have a load like that, beg and plead with your DBL for a relay. Trenton, NJ is not a place for a young lady to be at that hour of the night. Whenever I have a Jersey load, especially Trenton or Newark, I always get a relay. We have a drop yard at South Kearney, NJ (Newark) or on the north side of Philadelphia (Trenton). And yes, hell does exist. It's called Connecticut.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello