The Road to Recovery

After a nasty bout of whatever the heck it was that decided to try and ruin my New Year, I'm finally back at'em and on the road. When I left Charleston on Friday the 4th, I headed to Sissonville to pick up a load which would take me to Pontiac, Michigan that night. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I can pick up AND deliver a load all in the same day. And that is exactly what I had to do with the load I picked up on my way outta town. It was exhausting, exciting and in the end a little frustrating, but I succeeded.

I also ended up learning about a new way to park my rig that I never learned in training... thanks to the sweet yard jockey at my point of delivery. He didn't have to help me out, but he did. Pehraps another shining example of how being female has its advantages??

I was fortunate enough to have already received my next load assignment before I got to my delivery point that night. After I dropped my load, I grabbed an empty trailer and headed a little further west towards my next stop. Not much futher, however, as I had to make a beeline for a parking spot in a Meijer parking lot for the night. I was only about 15 minutes shy of running out of hours for the day and knew that this was my last opporunity to stop for at least 50 miles.

It was a pleasant nights sleep and I was up and ready to roll early the next morning. I made good time getting to my next destination, which was in Spring Lake, Michigan, over by Grand Rapids.

I picked up a load there, trading my empty trailer for a full one, and I was then headed south. This load was to take me to Kansas City, Kansas. Actually, I believe the delivery point was in Lenexa, KS which is just south of KC.

Anywho....

Last night I stopped for my required DOT break in Funks Grove, IL which is just south of Bloomington/Normal. I always have to laugh when I stop there because of the fact that it's called Funks Grove. Just seems odd... kinda retarded.... and of course I suppose that's only par for the course since it is close to the town of Normal. haha

Anywho. I made my drop this evening and was told to head to a safe park location for the night since they didn't have anything immediately available in this area and I was running close on hours. So I made my way a bit further south to a small truck stop where I am now sitting. I was lucky to have found a wireless connection to steal from for a little while from the hotel across the street.

I'm horrible...

...but I don't care really.

So there you have it. Exciting huh?

How's 2008 been treating you all so far?

I've had the pleasure so far of:

1) having a flu bug

2) seeing feet (not inches) of snow in the upper midwest

3) seeing the worlds largest Picnic Table in Michigan

4) going to a really cool mall here in Kansas where I got a steal on a new purse which matches my laptop case (I am that cool).

Comments

Scott said…
Hey I hope your feeling better. After you get to normal please write more. Remember some of us that read these blogs live vicariously through the people that are doing the job that we want to. I am not quite ready to retire and work for the pumpkin. So keep on trucking and let us know when you hit southern va

take care Scott

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello