Woo Hoo!

I made it home. *happy dance*

I pulled into Charleston at about 12:30pm on Sunday afternoon. *happy happy joy joy*

Just in time to go home, take a shower and head up to my sister's for our family Holiday Gathering. It was awesome! *big f'n smile*

So I got back to the Dallas OC around 10:30 am Friday to check on my truck. I went straight to the shop to inquire of her status. Much to my surprise, my truck was in a bay and nearly finished!!! I couldn't believe it. I honestly expected it to take much longer, if not another day. But instead, I was on the road, rolling by noon!

I made it as far as the West Memphis Arkansas Operations Center where I spent the night. I got up Saturday morning and was on the road to get even closer to home. I was thrilled. And thankfully the rest of my journey homeward bound went smoothly. I stopped just south of Cincinatti, OH for Saturday night and then got up early Sunday and drove to Columbus where I dropped my load and picked up my empty and headed for home.

As I said before, I pulled into Charleston around 12:30pm and was at home by 1pm taking a shower and getting ready for my family holiday festivities. All was well with the world... for Gi-Gi that is.

N8 and I had a wonderful time at my sisters enjoying quite an elaborate holiday spread. Stuffed to the gills we opened gifts and watched as my niece and nephew were thrilled with each new toy they discovered after tearing apart the wrappings. We ate, drank and were merry. It was a true blessing.

Just days before I was thinking I would have to miss out on this family event. And somehow, everything just fell into place and I was able to be there at last.

Karma really was on my side this time. And since I've been home, every opportunity I have to help someone or do something nice for someone else, I jump on it. Not simply for my own personal karmic benefit, but also because I just like the feeling of being a better person.

Perhaps watching "My Name is Earl" has truly made me realize that being a good person really does allow good things to happen to you.

Well anywhoodles, right now I'm shacked up in a hotel in Morgantown WV with my hunny. He's working and I'm enjoying free wi-fi, cable TV and a six pack of Miller Lite. Tomorrow we head back to Charleston for my last day at home until later this month. It's been a wonderful trip....

Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up