I'm a Survivor!

I’m a survivor!
Current mood: blessed


Yeah, I've got the Destiny's Child song, Survivor, playing in my head.

Today was a blessing!

Apparently the nasty weather headed eastward was moving slower than predicted and today I drove the full distance to Johnstown with out any complications. It was great! I really enjoyed the drive today too! Even without the leaves on the tress and the green grass as the roadside, upstate NY is still beautiful! I just love it! Everything is pretty much snow covered from a storm that rolled through long before my arrival. And it was just a lovely drive.

Of course, if I'd laid off the water and gatorade today I'd have enjoyed it much more. I had to stop at just about every other service plaza on the turnpike to take a bathroom break. Pathetic....but necessary.

I still made darn good time. I honestly expected nasty weather today and was pretty well mentally prepared for it when I got on the road this morning. I was fully expecting to not make my delivery until after 3pm and was glad to have arrived at the facility at 2pm on the dot.

I dropped my load, but had to sit and wait for approval to take an empty trailer off the lot from my company. I tried to just leave "bobtail" but the gate keepers (security guards) wouldn't allow me to leave without taking an empty trailer. So after sitting on hold for nearly 40 minutes I got the approval I needed and grabbed a trailer and headed for this truck stop.

I got here just in time too, I think. As I was filling out my logbook paperwork the snow started to fall. It's been off and on since I pulled in. But I know it's just a matter of time before it really starts coming down.

I am glad I decided to wait till morning before taking on any new assignments. I just hope they get me something good... and perhaps something that gets me through and OC soon so I can get my regularly scheduled maintenance (PM) and some additional maintenance done soon. I asked them to consider a load to or through the Carlisle, PA OC for my next assignment. I hope they do.

Well anywhoodles! I'm just gonna be shacked up here for the night. I will probably watch a movie and hope I don't fall asleep in the middle of it again. Last night I passed out in the middle of "So I Married And Axe Murderer". I love that movie and missed some of my favorite parts... but it's in my collection so I can watch it again whenever I want.

I think I might watch "Killer Clowns From Outter Space" tonite. I bought it nearly a month and a half ago and have yet to watch it. For me it's one of those movies I just have to be in the mood for. And I have a feeling that the 24 oz.'er of Miller Lite will put me in the right mood! haha

I'll be going for now... I only have an hour's worth of internet access and I have some emails to attend to. Till next time.... xoxo

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Gi-Gi,

Enjoyed the last couple updates; whew, some real white knuckle stuff there in Ohio ..eh ? Glad the plows finally came along.

Here in Salt Lake City we got slammed on Friday evening; coming home from a friends house was a slippery-slidey situation.

I had a full fledged auction scheduled for Saturday morning to sell off my remaining inventory of freight salvage items (before attending truck driving school) but the snow storm and what it left kept the expected crowd away and we had to cancel the sale. Fortunately the auctioneer and one of his partners agreed to buy everthing for a price I had offered them so it will all be taken away during the next week; really lightens the load.

Keep those road stories comin' ..eh ?

Virgil
Anonymous said…
Gigi - Always remember that if you don't think it's safe to drive, don't. Reading your previous post about getting stuck, yes, kitty litter works great. So does 91% rubbing alcohol. Pour a bottle over your drive tires and give it a couple of minutes. You can get it at Wally-World (red label). Be safe out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up