Tales from the Road

October 12, 2007 - Friday


Ok, some of you have asked me to tell a funny story from the road. So here goes. I'd suggest that if you're drinking anything you don't want coming through your nostrils.... finish it and/or set it aside for a few moments.

Ok so I was driving happily along somewhere in the mid-west a few weeks ago. Enjoying the sunshine and the tunes on my MP3 player. I was jammin' out and singing along having a grand ol' time when I noticed that another "big truck" was attempting to pass me on the left in the fast lane (aka the hammer lane). I had my cruise control set at max, which for a solo Schnieder driver is 64 mph. I wasn't backing off or speeding up to mess with the guy like some other drivers would have done. I kept the pace and figured he'd pass when he was good and ready.

I just continued to drive and scan my mirrors and sign along to my tunes. I noticed during my driver side mirror scan that the passing truck was closing in on being nose and nose with me so I looked over and threw up a friendly wave. I learned early on that when you pass another big truck that waving is like a sign of commaraderie. It's the friendly thing to do. It's not expected, but it seems to be appreciated and desired.

So I threw up my hand and smiled like I always do. The guy driving the truck responded with a huge grin and a big "howdy" wave. But instead of continuing to pass me, he fell back a bit and kinda hung out in my blind sport for a few miles. Now generally this wouldn't have bothered , but there was a line of traffic behind him waiting pass me also. So to be a little kinder than my fellow truck driver, I tapped my break to release my cruise control and slowly fell back so as to let the guy pass me and thus let the rest of the traffic go ahead as well.

Only the guy still hung out in my blind spot for about another mile or so. Finally I figured I would go ahead and resume my cruise control and when I did he slowly eased back up nose and nose with me. Thoroughly annoyed at this point I didn't even want to look over at him again so I kept my eyes focused on the road ahead and made my normal mirror scans.

Then I realized after about two miles that this guy wasn't going to pass as quickly as I thought he was so I looked over and was planning to motion him around. But instead I was left aghast with total shock.

The guy had apparently taken the past few miles to unzip and unbutton his pants, pull them down, because when I looked over I was being waved at, but it wasn't with his hand.

Yep... I had my first encounter with a weenie wagger. Oh the road is such an exciting place!

Comments

Super Trucker said…
Haha wow that is messed up. Being a lady trucker must be a pain at times. :|
Terry said…
I should tell you of some of my weiner wagger stories... Let's just say I have had to present a little RoadRage to discourage them from continuing.....

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up