Corn Dog Conundrum

October 3, 2007 - Wednesday

at least I think I spelled that right.... but anywho.

So I arrived at a Pilot station in Ohio to take my 10hr. DOT required break and had the hunger pangs from hell kicking the crap out of my stomach. So I wandered into the station in search of some grubbage. There is an Arby's at this Pilot, but I wasn't really in the mood for over priced food. So I sought out the hot eats section of the actual Pilot. They generally have hot dogs and sausages and some sort of rolled up mexican thing.... but I got the score on the last two corn dogs in the joint! woo hoo!

You see, I've always loved corn dogs and I can never pass them up when I see them somewhere. They're probably one of my most favorite foods, pizza will always be number one though.

But as I was devouring said corn dogs I got to thinking... what is it about the corn dog that I truly like? I mean it's just a hot dog wiener wrapped in cornmeal and deep fried on a stick. Pretty simple really.

But there has to be something that makes my mouth water and my heart pitter patter every time I see a CORN DOG. Is it the hot dog wiener? The cornmeal? The combination of the two, perhaps? Maybe it's just the fact that the whole thing is served on a stick.... Or could it even just be those little crusties that are left over where the cornmeal baked onto the stick? Mmm Mmm!

So for any of you who might be fellow corn dog lovers... what does it for you?

Comments

Terry said…
Definitely the little crusties left clinging to the stick!!
Jenn said…
just started reading your blogg. my hubby just went back to schneider and is doing his training with his regional TE this week. Im waiting for them t bring there school/training back and then im going get my license and then team with him! =D

As for the corndogs - i say its the cornmeal and the bonus is the crusties!! lol

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up