Training and such...

September 26, 2007 - Wednesday

So I finally got out of Indy on the 24th. I got my load around 4pm and was rolling northbound by 5. I made it to the Gary, IN OC for the night. It was nice, very nice. And while I was hanging out there I met up with one of my newfound driver friends. We had been stuck in Indy together a few weeks ago and pretty much pal'ed around the whole time. It was nice to catch up.

Yesterday morning I got up and headed northward once more and made my delivery in Menomonee Falls, WI. Which is a suburb of Milwauke. It was a nice little area and I was very foturnate to get there and get unloaded in record time. My appointment said "3 hour average duration" and I was in and out in 40 minutes total. Woo hoo!

But I was still waiting on a new assignment and since they wouldn't let me sit on their lot to wait, I rolled down the road to a small truck stop. It was then that I got the info to roll up to Green Bay for Winter Training.

I got to the Green Bay OC around 4pm CST and signed up for training which was to start at 5pm. The trainers and training was great and I feel like I learned a lot of new info that will be very helpful when I'm out on the road. I could've done without the rain which we had the pleasure of standing out in for nearly 1.5 hours last night, but oh well.

I did get a new pair of boots out of it... and two vouchers for free meals! woo hoo

I suppose that now I should pack up the laptop and head back out to the truck to see if I have a new assignment. I hope I get some good miles... and out of the frigid north! It's cooooold up here today...bbrrrrr...

Till next time...

Much ado about trucking....

GiGi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic