Truckin' Right Along

I've been a horrible blogger.  Heck today was the first time I've logged on since I posted the previous entry about Leelu's First Birthday.

Since then, she's started walking, running and trying to jump and climb. Her vocabulary is ever expanding and she is quite the little ham.  She makes me laugh, a LOT.


Little Miss Cool Beans


We've been working on learning letters and numbers and she loves pointing out A's, E's, O's and L's everywhere we go.

She also loves giving hugs and being chased around.

Hearing "I'm gonna getcha!" makes her squeal with delight.

I cannot believe in a little over a week she's gonna 14 months old.  Time FLIES!

I've been doing well, keeping up with Leelu, housework and business stuff keeps me busy. When I make some personal time I am still playing with needles and hooks and yarn, learning new tricks with crochet and knitting.  I've made a few little doodads but nothing seriously productive.  I had gotten nearly finished with a small adorable baby blanket when I realized some forty rows back I'd made a HUGE very noticeable boo-boo.  I tried ripping back to that point to fix it but it was more of a pain in the butt than I thought it would be so I just unraveled the whole thing and called it quits.

I finished reading a few books I'd been wanting to read and have another sitting there waiting for me to crack the cover.  But I wanted to finish watching the Showtime series "Dexter" on Netflix before I started reading it.

I watched the series finale for Dexter two days ago... and now I'm in mourning because after 8 seasons of a show like that I feel like I've lost my best friend.... you know, like every sane person does, right?

My next Netflix adventure is probably going to be the latest take on Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman (Hobbit sized swoon).  I know it won't compare to the blockbuster version with Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man sized swoon), but maybe in it's own way it will be better(?!).

I've got a few smaller shows I want to finish up on Netflix as well, I started season two of Call the Midwife back around Christmas and I want to watch a few of the movies on my Queue as well. A Netflix Original I love, Hemlock Grove, starts its second season in either June or July and I want to be ready for that as well. 


And I still have to cram in time to read and knit and crochet and such.

Not to mention summer is coming up and we are gonna want to go out and play in our baby pool and take day trips with family and friends.

I bet it will be next Christmas before I'm caught up with my watch list.

Comments

Belledog said…
Happy (second?) Mother's Day, GG Roxx. Was thinking of you all yesterday.

Have you ever thought about getting your teaching credential? Or maybe even becoming a school librarian? You write so well, are so observant about children and others.

Anyone who can put up with driving a bus and is literate and kind (but knows limits) could make a spiffy teacher, I would think.

I had a favorite geography prof in college. She wanted a job that would fit around her kids' schedule, so planned to get her teaching certificate for elementary school, but her own profs pegged her as something special (she truly is; fascinating woman; retired now) and kicked her upstairs to university teaching.

I think someone who can handle an 18 wheeler, a toddler, a blog that's actually something to look forward to, all the stuff you do, can look at some big new worlds.

You've got an admittedly interesting resume at this point.

Cheers.

Belledog

PS: Being Leelus's mom and N8's wife and a well-rounded person is plenty too. Not saying that you need work outside the home at all. But I do see some talent there .... and think you'd make a great writing teacher or whatever you choose. Maybe even adjunct at a community college. Write your life, empower women, whatever.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello