Filing for a Living

I was just organizing a mountain of paperwork that needs to be filed away in the filing cabinet we keep our crap "organized" in.  Next I have to actually take some time to organize the files in the cabinet so they're more user friendly.

Right now everything is in wild disarray in there. 

It's what I'd call "amok".

I hate it.  But I also hate standing there for any amount of time trying to get it in order. 

I will dedicate myself to the task one day soon.  I swear it.

I realized how much filing there is when maintaining household records AND business related records here in this house.  I used to do that sort of crap when I was being paid to do it by various jobs over the years.

I'm not getting paid for this however, not legitimately anyway.

Sure I get a roof, food, water, and the occasional new pair of shoes or a fancy new bit of bling. 

But I don't have to pay into FICA or SSI or any of that crap, so I guess I'm coming out ahead really.

The hubby has been working mad crazy overtime with his new job.  It's coming into the everything-breaks-and-needs-fixed-asap season for commercial heating and cooling.  So while I miss  having him at home for hours on end, when the paycheck drops it's kind of worth it. 

For the first time in I couldn't tell you how long all but two of our monthly bills are paid already.  The only reason those two aren't paid is because I haven't gotten the bills in the mail yet. 

Seriously, it's crazy that everything is just about paid. But that's all thanks to my hubby working his arse off.

The other day he worked a regular 8 hour shift.  Then we went to dinner and spent the evening together as a family and just before bedtime he got called out for an emergency job at a local plant.  He was there for 15.5 hours.... he then came home, slept for about 2.5 hours, got up to eat and get dressed and then had to go back out for another four hours.  It was NUTS.

From the sound of things, it's likely that that scenario will be a common occurrence this summer.  And while the paychecks will be nice, my main concern through it all will be that my husband is safe doing something he loves doing, helping others, and being the best he can be. 

Leelu and I will miss him when he's working long hours.  But I'm sure we will just make our times together that much more special.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello