Shoes....shew. A review of sorts.

So I've been trying to replace my old worn out sneakers for over two weeks now.  I fell in love with a pair like these that my sister bought and let me try on one day. 

No pain, no gain...Super fun, but not if you have a jacked up foot.

They're so lightweight and comfortable. 

Except when you have a foot that's being a jerk. 

Yes, that's right.  My foot is a complete and total jackass right now.  My right foot, specifically.

When I purchased my own pair of these Nike's I didn't expect to have any problems.  But then I took them on a test drive walk one day.

Agony.  Utter agony.

Turns out there is an issue with the placement of one of the leather "straps" across the toe that is aggravating what I can only guess is the beginnings of a bunion or whatever on my right foot.

It HURT... BAD.

I tried loosening the laces to the laxest point possible that would still let me keep the shot on my foot but it didn't help.  I took them out for one more walk, but realized about three blocks in that they weren't going to work for me.

Luckily my sister and I wear the same size and she LOVES hers so she purchased them from me. 

I went on the hunt again with the money she gave me for the Nike's. 

I found a pair of these kicks.
Adorable and light, but a beast on fat ankles.


New Balance and I have never had problems before.  EVER.  While not every model of their shoes are a right fit for my whacky feet, they've NEVER EVER hurt me before.

Until now.

These shoes are absolutely adorable.  I fell in love with the way they looked on my feet. They felt good in the store while I walked back and forth in them a few times and so I took them to the counter and paid for them.

The next day I gave them a test drive at the mall.  Halfway through the mall I was in tears.  Saddened by the fact that they were rubbing blisters on my Achilles tendon.  I had on relatively thin socks and luckily had another thicker pair in the car (one never knows when another pair of clean dry socks will come in handy).  So I switched them out and kept trucking.

But by the end of the trip I was deflated, defeated and definitely upset that my feet had met their match not once, but twice. 

I was fortunate that I'd not worn them so long (or in such dirty conditions) that they were considered "non-returnable" and the shoe store took them back no questions asked today.

So comes attempt number three.  Again a pair of New Balance but this time with a style my foot is more accustomed to.
This is a similar shoe to what I bought, except mine is black and hot pink.

You see the problem with the prior pair of NB's was that there wasn't much cushion on the heel like this new pair (and MOST pairs of NB shoes).  The design lacks any "give" without that typical cushion at the top of the heel.  In this newest pair, you can see that there is a lot of padding at the back of the shoe. 

I've not work them out for a walk yet, I may do that later on today. I'm hoping these are the last sneakers I'll need to buy for at least another year.  While most women enjoy the thrill of buying new shoes, I do not.  Unless of course they are cute sandals like these that I'm currently wearing....

Payless.  American Eagle Flat Slingbacks. Yes, please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello