Little White Razor Blades

It's official.  Starfish has chompers.

The first little sharp razor blade like tooth finally poked through last Sunday.  Since then, the other has begun poking and now she enjoys biting my finger a little harder than usual, biting down on the plastic spoon at mealtime, and hearing them scrape on everything hard that she sticks in her mouth. 

I can't believe she's got teeth already.  Didn't I just go into labor and have her like last week?

My how time flies!

Before I know it I'll be planning her first birthday party, then sweet sixteen, then her graduation party, then I'll be picking out a mother-of-the-bride dress for her wedding. 

Slow down already!

We're still working on crawling. 

She seems to still prefer to roll around to get where she wants to be and is getting good at scooting on her belly.  I know it's just a matter of time before she's crawling all over the place.  I'm not rushing that. 

No way, no how. 

It's easy to keep track of her right now. 

When she's more mobile, I'm screwed.

I have been trying to teach her how to clap her hands, but it's resulted in her learning to clap MY hands.  I will clap and she will shriek in delight and then reach out for my fingers and then bang my hands together.  It's too cute. 

And the babbling has expanded from ma ma ma ma to da da da da da and baa baa baa and la la la.  Sometimes when Daddy and I are talking over dinner or something she will get irritated that we're not giving her our full attention and I swear she shouts "blah blah blah" in complete exasperation. It's  almost as if to say "hello, adorable baby wanting attention over here folks".

She loves eating and is quite enthusiastic during mealtimes, pleasantly so.  Show her a bottle, however, and she turns into a rabid animal, squawking and shrieking and fevered in her attempts to yank the bottle from your hands.  But of course, once you get the nipple in her mouth she wants nothing to do with holding on to the bottle and dramatically throws her hands out to either side as if to say "I'm a princess and princesses don't feed themselves". 

She's a hoot.

Last weekend Starfish's grandparents came down to visit and we ended up the local farmers market and had some fun taking pictures.  Starfish (whom we have dubbed Leelu for future reference) was getting feisty towards the end of the adventure and we got some hilarious pictures.  Here is the funniest one. 

She normally cheeses for the camera, so this picture is particularly humorous.  

Anywho, right now she's about 35 minutes into what might only be an hour nap, so I am going to go get some things accomplished before it's too late.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic