Been a while...

It's not for lack of wanting to blog, but lack of time and sufficient brain power to do so.

My mind is a muddled mess.  I don't know if it's motherhood or something else, but whatever the cause, it bites. 

I didn't bother reading my last entry to see where I left off  so if some of this is a repeat, forgive me.

The Starfish is just a few days away from being 7 months old.  She had a check up last Monday and weighed in at 15lbs on the nose, was 24.5 inches tall and the pediatrician said she's perfectly healthy.

We have been having trouble, however, with her digestive system.  She keeps getting constipated and nothing we do seems to help but in the short term. She will get back on track for a day, maybe two and then bam, she's all backed up again.  We've eliminated rice/oatmeal cereals from her intake, thinking that might be the culprit, but alas, it hasn't made one bit of a difference. 

So every few days we're finding ourselves breaking out the prune puree' and the diluted pear juice.  Then she'll poop great for about 36 hours and then it's a slow decline back to being backed up again. I don't know if it's her little system just getting confused by solid foods or what.  I hope it's not gonna be a chronic problem, though. 

She is really struggling sometimes to get the poo out.  And I hate seeing her suffer.

Speaking of suffering, she's also in full on teething mode.  She's got two little teeth starting to poke through the bottom center of her jaw.  We noticed this just yesterday after a particularly trying day of fussing, drooling, and refusing the bottle.  I never can get her to open her mouth for me to take a look-see but at one point she wanted my finger to chew on and I could feel the two little razor sharp tooth buds.

I have no idea how long it will take for the teeth to fully erupt, but I hope that the fussiness hits the road soon. She's miserable, I know, I don't even want to know what it must feel like.  I'm convinced teething is the exact reason we don't have early childhood memories.  But her fussing makes me cranky too.

Let's see what else?

Muddled brain is taking over again.  I  am sure there are other things I wanted to blog about, but I just can't think straight for more than a few minutes at a time now.  So when my thoughts reorganize and I have time, I'll come back to fill you in on more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic