Bah Humbug

Last year I signed up for a Christmas savings account at my credit union and managed to stash away nearly $1000 for holiday shopping.  I have spent a good portion of the money, paying off the Visa I used to make pretty much all of the purchases I've made so far.  I have four more people to buy for and should still come in under the mark.  And while I'm glad to have the vast majority of the holiday shopping done, I cannot find the holiday spirit. 

I don't want to bother with a tree or decorations in the house.  I don't really even feel like putting the gifts together and cover them with wrapping paper and ribbons.  I haven't even bothered to pick up a box of cards or stamps to mail a many-a-merry return to those who have sent us well wishes via the mailbox on the porch already. 

I can't even bring myself to turn the radio dial over to the All Christmas All the Time station yet.  When I have heard Christmas carols in random places while being out and about recently, I have found myself trying to tune them out by humming the vapid tunes of Justin Bieber in absolute desperation. 

I am just NOT in the Christmas spirit this year.

Maybe it's the hormones. 

Maybe it's the stress of trying to figure out what to get everyone, to please everyone, to appease everyone.

Maybe it's just the feeling of sadness I feel when I think of what the holiday season has become, a commercialized shallow time of 'gimme gimme' and 'want want want', which has overshadowed the heart of what I always felt Christmastime was about...

Maybe it's just me being all Grinchy...

Whatever it is, it sucks. 

So there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic