Merry Christmas


OMG OMG OMG EPIC CUTENESS!

**I don't own this picture, it's from the interwebs and hope whoever it was that took the picture originally doesn't mind a little more exposure of his/her amazingly adorable mother and baby hippo gleefully swimming photograph. Seriously, it makes me giddy and I just can't help but sharing.

I mean really, how could you not want a Hippopotamus for Christmas?

I know I do.

I actually got a stuffed hippo for Christmas one year from my mom.  Come to think of it, it may have been on the last Christmas we had with her.  I still have it tucked away in a box somewhere in the attic.  It's adorable.

I think having heard the Gayla Peevey holiday tune "I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas" on the radio finally pushed me into that seemingly ever evasive holiday spirit.  I may even take some time to wrap up some or all of the gifts I've got in a massive pile in my bedroom.  Although, I won't have a tree to put them under until we take them to my dad's for our family celebration on Christmas day because I still think it's too late to bother decorating here at our house.

BTW when I look at that picture up there I imagine that being myself and my baby girl swimming in a pool some day.  Me all like "awww how cute are you in the water" and her all like "weeeeeee". 

Comments

some asian guy said…
i like their expressions.
Belledog said…
80 days to go. Wow.

Happy Christmas week.

I might head over to Mount Vernon, George Washington's estate, this afternoon. Hear tell they've got a camel there, because GW for some reason had a camel during Christmastime (at least one year).

Also, they've opened the 3rd floor, usually off limits for tourists, where Martha slept for the 2 or so years she survived George. She did not use their beautiful (and actually kind of modern) bedroom again.

GiGI, if you've not seen Mount Vernon, it (and Old Town Alexandria) might make a wonderful getaway for you and Dad to be, before ninja girl arrives. Lots to do, and not too far to drive.

Plus: downtown DC, which is beautiful and full of free museums any season.

It snowed, then sleeted, then poured rain here yesterday, so have cabin fever.

Later, gator.
Angela said…
Belledog,

I've actually been to Mount Vernon, but it was many many moons ago. I believe it was during a "6th Grade Class Trip" to DC that we stopped both there and at Monticello for guided tours. I don't recall it much, however, and would one day love to make it back to each of those historic and beautiful sites for another look-see.

I have been to DC, however, several times since my childhood and love it. I love the sights and sounds of the bustling city. The museums, monuments, attractions and history.

Hubby and I keep talking of making a trip to visit the area again. Probably won't happen this winter before baby girl arrives but eventually we will take a weekend or a week to visit and explore.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic