Baby Update

I'm another week away from my next check-up and things have been going pretty well since my last one.  My baby (and belly) are growing rapidly now.  I feel like every day it gets harder and harder to reach my feet to put on my socks.  I get short of breath pretty easily now too and find that my meals are getting harder and harder to consume in one sitting.  Small frequent meals are a necessity. 

I love love love feeling my little ninja girl wriggling around in there though.  She kicks and stretches and nudges me off and on all day long.  I think about four days ago she turned so that she is facing my spine so I feel less of the arm and leg flailing, but I think that opened me up to feeling her random bouts of the hiccups. 

One thing I'm afraid will continue in March when she is born is the schedule she's becoming accustomed to because of my own work schedule.  She knows it's time for mama to get up between midnight and one in the morning and is usually kicking me to tell me to stop hitting the snooze button on the alarm clock between those hours.  Cute, for now. But later... not gonna be cute at all.

She also gets rowdy about a half hour after meals.  I guess they're giving her a nice little energy boost which get her moving for a while.  But I've found that if I get up and start moving around or drive somewhere she settles down and probably falls asleep in there. 

Ooh and she seems to LOVE Muse, which is good because I love them too. She really likes their new album, especially the title track with it's kickass Dubstep beats.  Dubstep really gets her going.  Crazy girl.

We still haven't decided on a name for her yet.  I have a feeling it's gonna be a while before we even narrow it down to a small list.  Right now we just call her baby girl, or nugget, or wiggle butt.

In the meantime, I'm working on a knitting project for her.  And trying to get motivated to finish painting her nursery and getting that in order.  And have been contemplating just how I am gonna be at the whole mothering thing.  :) 

Comments

The Daily Rant said…
Kinda cute that she's diggin' your music and getting used to your sleep/wake schedule.

And I think you're going to be great at the whole mothering thing. You're going to have one cool, very funny kid!
Belledog said…
What Salena said.

And happy Turkey Day. Next year one of you is going to be entertaining Miss Muse fan in between the rest of the day's activities and preparations.

Don't let us find you at Target. I mean it!!

Hope it's a happy one.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic