Oh Sandy

Okay, so it's been precipitating in one form or another here in town for 4 days straight.  I'm over it.  Allegedly the sun is gonna peek out later, I'm not holding my breath.  I have some errands to run today and will just bundle up since it seems like it's probably still cold out and for right now it's still quite wet.

Hurricane Sandy dumped on much of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast United States.  I looked through a slide show of over two hundred pictures on the Weather Channel website yesterday, just amazed at what happened in places like New York City and the Jersey Shore.  Complete devastation.  Here in West Virginia we mostly got rain and snow.  Some parts of the state (thankfully not my part) got over two feet of snow.

No thanks, you can keep it. 

Here in the city we got a wet dusting of an inch or two which melted off pretty quickly.  That is one of the nice things about living in the city, all of the concrete and close knit communities keep things a little warmer.  Plus being in the valley along the river gives us a lot of shelter from the worst of most storms that pass through our area.

Even in the summer time, when there are thunderstorms passing through, they tend to go north and south of our little valley, treating us like the alley between a seven-ten split. And for that, I'm thankful.

I hear it's gonna get back up into the 50's soon too, which will be nice.

I hate the cold.  Seriously, loathe winter.  Yes, snow is beautiful to look at on just the right landscape.  But I'd rather see it on TV or in pictures than experience it. 

Well, I suppose I should really get my day going. I've sat around playing with my knitting all morning and really should get something accomplished before bedtime. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
On your previous topic, have you tried orthotic insoles for the foot pain. They are of different design than the regular inserts and really helped me out. They are a little pricey but well worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic