Tweet No More

Today I made the executive decision to stop using the social media outlet known as Twitter.

I know, that was short lived huh?

Only one person questioned my doing so (so far) and the best reason I can give is this: 90% of the people I followed and who followed me on Twitter were what I called "fake life friends". People I'll never meet in real life, people I don't really "need" in my day to day life. So what's the point of interacting with them as if they mattered in the grand scheme of things?

I'm not in a place in my life, personally or professionally, where I need to "network" so I found it pointless. It was often amusing, yes. Especially Bigfoot the Bigfoot... he had the best tweets really.

But honestly, the rest, while mildly entertaining, was just f*cking pointless.

At least with FaceBook 90% of the people I have on my friends list ARE people I care about and know in REAL LIFE. The people with whom I have chosen to stay in touch for a multitude of reasons. There are a handful I'd like to "unfriend" but I've got a slight guilt -slash- avoiding awkward future in person meetings thing that keeps me from doing so. But over all, my friends list on FB is very small and is limited to people I genuinely give a shit about.

I could go on and on about the way FB and other social medias affect my world, but that's just boring and I'm sure you'd rather hear about trucking stuff.

But I'm going to disappoint you kind of because I've not done much trucking since my last post really. I managed to get out of the house and take a load to Michigan. I picked up another one bound for Laredo, TX but didn't make it any further than West Memphis, AR where I sat from Friday afternoon until Tuesday morning thanks to a really annoying bout of vertigo.

While I hung out there waiting for the world to stop spinning, I managed to knock out a little bit of knitting, watch about half a season of the X-Files and sleep... a LOT. I also managed to get into a bit of a tiff with a cleaning staff member and a terminal fuel desk attendant over a ladies room issue. But I'd rather not talk about that because, well... it wasn't my best moment and I don't want you people to think I'm a nut job.

Since then I managed to get a load that has laid me over here in Dallas for nearly 24 hours and will deliver tonight down in Temple. I have no clue what will come next, but honestly I don't care... miles are miles at this point. After sitting and not earning jack for 3 days I'm welcoming anything and everything I can get.

Plus, next weekend I'll be sitting in a lazy river drinking beer with my hubby in the North Carolina mountains. Yes. That is the life.

Until then, they can do with me as they please as long as I make a few nickels and dimes along the way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What I will miss most about the twitter thing is the pics - with the new camera I was really setting the bar high. I don't do FB so maybe you will put some on your blog - just a thought.

Have a good rest of the week!
KY Joe

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic