Derailed Wagons

Today I opted to fall off of my non-soda drinking wagon. And much to my surprise, I was greatly disappointed in my choice of carbonated, sugary beverage. So much so, that I found myself craving water like I've never craved it before. Interesting really.

It's also my first day off work for the week. Loving it. The day off. The job, not so much. I'm actually kinda finding that I'm disappointed with my choice of career change. It's not that the job isn't what I expected. Actually it is pretty much exactly what I expected. However, I didn't expect to hate it so much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not quitting, giving up, throwing in the towel, whatever you wanna call it. I'm gonna stick to it and get through it. I might even find that eventually I'll learn to like it. But for right now, I'm definitely questioning my ability to make sound life changing decisions in the career end of the life spectrum. *sigh* I'm also finding that I get this longing in my heart every time I see an 18-wheeler.

Now I understand why once you become a trucker, whether or not your driving a big rig, you're a trucker for life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know how you feel I left over the road driving for a while and eventually had to go back something about being out on the interstate gets in your blood.
Pumpkin Express said…
@Anonymous

I agree!
i would think that it would have to be a major change....a huge tradeoff....i think it's gonna take some time for you to completely settle into it...the good news is that you can always go back if you stay unhappy...i think you're pretty gutsy for giving it a go!
Jason S Harry said…
Holy Moses, you have been busy! Hope everything works out okay and I know what you mean about the "seeing eighteen wheelers" stuff. I would have switched to local driving years ago but I can't stand to part with my truck. That doesn't mean I never have my eyes open for other opportunities and neither should you. Good luck with what ever the Universe throws your way......
The Daily Rant said…
I was wondering when I was going to hear this....the part about missing the truck. After doing this job for so long now, I don't know if I could do anything else.

But, I also know what it's like to hate a job and then sort of wind up liking it. So maybe just stick it out and see what happens.

Have a great week and keep us posted on the wedding plans!
some asian guy said…
little by little, you'll get over the soda jones. water is still good for sipping, but the best part will come with beverage choices for meals -- think milk, iced tea, beer and wine -- fairly natural pairings for most of your favorite foods.

as per the career move ... it's still early. i think once you've got your routine down pat, then you can get that clear-eyed judgment thing going.

some ships only stay in the harbor; others are meant to go to sea. (yeah, i stole that idea from "brandy.") you'll figure it out. meantime, enjoy being close to home.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic