Oh Bother...

I'm certainly digitally lazy these days, aren't I? But I'm okay with that. If you're not... oh well. haha

Since my last blog I had an awesome and extended time at home break, which was much appreciated. I stole an extra day and three-quarters off thanks to a load that got me home two nights before I had to deliver. Basically, when I got the load I headed home, getting there late in the evening and having the whole next day to goof off. Then the following day, after a good nights rest I delivered the load and then went home again to start my time off. It was very nice.

During my time at home the better half and I spent a night in one of our great State Parks where we rented a cabin for the night. The next night we stayed with his dad after making a surprise visit to his grandparents' house near the State Park we stayed at. The following two nights we were back at home, exhausted after helping my niece celebrate her 4th birthday. Then it was off again! Well, sort of.

I was dispatched to pick up a load in southern Ohio which was bound for Connecticut. Lucky for me, I had nothing but time on my side and was able to back track for one more night at home before I "really" got back on the road. It was pretty sweet.

A couple days later I delivered my load in CT and was dispatched to dead-head (drag my empty trailer) down to S. Kearney, New Jersey where I would get my next load the following morning. I ended up staying in CT that night and drove the rest of the way to Jersey the following morning. I got my load and was headed for South Crackalackie (Carolina).

I made it into Virginia for the night where I was soothed to sleep by a thunderstorm. I woke up to a very balmy and warm morning and headed the rest of the way to SC. It was a lovely trip and I really enjoyed myself. My next dispatch came across as I was en route to my delivery point and it turned out to be one in a million. I was to pick up a load at the same exact place I was dropping. That rarely happens. For me, I believe it was a first!

So I dropped and hooked and was on the road once more. This time, I was bound for Wisconsin. I'm still en route on the load actually. I stayed the night in western North Crackalackie last night and am spending tonite at our company terminal in Indy. In the morning I'll get up, shower and hit the road. I'm hoping weather and traffic in Chicago cooperate enough to let me make it to my planned stopping point in WI. We shall see!

A few "random" tid-bits I wanted to share with my readers before I go...

1) When a semi is in the passing lane, passing more than one auto poking along in the slow lane, darting from side to side behind them is NOT going to make them go any faster. We're already maxxed out on the speedometer and all you're doing is causing frustration and stress to yourself. Ask yourself... "Am I really in that much of a hurry?"

2) When a semi finishes passing traffic and is signaling that they are about to get back into the slow lane, don't dart out from behind them and get into the slow lane. Give them a chance to get over, will ya! They are bigger and therefore slower than you are and cannot whip it over into the granny lane like you and your shiny new Beamer.

3) After you've successfully passed the semi that "pissed you off" do NOT by any means whip your car in front of the semi and then slam on your breaks, tapping your steering wheel "happily". We can't stop on a dime and we'd really hate to have to deal with the cops and paramedics that are trying to cut you out of your car after we plow you down after your own stoopid move.

4) Oh and driving deliberately slow after cutting us off isn't doing anything but making you look like a dumbass. Seriously... we don't care how fast or slow you want to drive, we just ask that you don't be so reckless and careless in your driving decisions. Drive like you've got precious cargo.... you know... like that infant child in the back seat.

Ok, I think that's it for now! Have a great day!

Comments

The18Wheeler said…
I LOVE loads that give you extra home time like that. It's happened to me twice now, and each time I took a different friend with me to make that last delivery (don't tell Swif). I have yet, however, to deliver to South Crackalackie.

Rule #2 is the one that gets me the most. "I'm going to merge, you (insert obscenity), just be patient!" When someone tries to pass right on me like that, I blinker and merge over a little bit just to scare them.
Anonymous said…
Great to hear your having Fun on the Big Road...Now for some advice from the other drivers that ride these roads.....When you see a line of fast moving autos or Bikes....and you're coming up on a slow auto...Don't jump out there in the Go lane and slow everyone else the fuck down..You know it takes yall longer to pass then the others..Let the faster ones have the right of way..
Just 'cause you're bigger and it's a living on the hwys, doesn't mean you own the road....Kindness goes both ways. Love the blog though....Glad to hear you asnd the bald one were able to have a alittle fun for a change..see ya
Angela said…
I hear ya Jason... people may never learn to properly merge. It's a plight on driving society for sure. In my experience and by my own non-scientific calculations, at least 85% of traffic jams are a direct result of stoopid people not knowing the proper techinque for merging onto a highway. Just gotta roll with it though... I've learned a great deal about patience since I've been out here. LOL Sometimes it's spread a little thin, but I still try to remember that those morons are NOT professional drivers.
Angela said…
Oh yeah and Ron... I'm a considerate driver. Should you ever find that I, personally, cut you off I fully expect to see that beautiful middle finger you so LOVE to display. ;o)

All I ask in return from you is that when you're crusing along at the posted speed limit, which I know you do (chuckle) don't get all stoopid when you see a big truck flip on it's blinker to come into your lane of travel and speed up like a maniac and then get pissed off when you get "cut off by a truck".

I doubt you do this, but many people do. Just yesterday, actually, I was watching traffic all around me as any professional driver SHOULD do, and after about three miles I noticed that I was coming up quickly on a slow-tard in the granny lane and that I had a slow-tard hanging out about 100 feet behind my truck in the hammer lane. Knowing that the slow-tard in the hammer lane hadn't increased speed in at least three miles and was in exactly the same proximity to me consistantly, I signaled that I was going to get into the hammer lane to pass the slow-tard in the granny lane.

Upon my doing so... the slow-tard in the hammer lane, who up until that point had displayed now signs of being in any hurry to get along, decided to hammer down as I was merging over and then get all pissed about it, flipping me off and honking the horn.

Stoopid-tards get run off the road. Don't be a stoopid-tard. :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello