Smooshed Fruit...

I am hooked Smooshed Fruit. I found them at a convience store in rural West Virginia of all places and snatched up only two the first time around. Next time I was in the area I grabbed 6, and I have only one left. I have to save them for special moments when I really want a tasty treat. It's been very hard to ration them.

They are made of all-natural organic fruit. Apparently, there is another company making a similar product which they call Fruit Leather. The brand I've tried and love is FruitaBu. Check it out...if you see it in a store, buy it and try it!

....I'm on this fruit kick right now. I think it's a good thing... except for the fact that it makes me stop many more times to frequent the potty. I'm making a concerted effort to eat better. Trying to get out of the truck stop resturants and fast food joints that I've fallen into for the past two months. So far so good.

Today I took the company car to the local grocery store to pick up some more fruit and some pickles. I know... pickles?! I needed them for my sammiches. Plain wheat bread, mustard and sweet ham was good , but I needed something with more flavor. So after stopping at MouseHouse CheeseHaus in Wisconsin and aquiring some finely aged Muenster and Baby Swiss slices it only seemed right that I get some pickles.

And my decision was well received by my tastebuds this evening at dinnertime.

Anywho... I'm really stoked about trying out my new Road-Pro Portable Stove. I need to surf the net for recipes before my next trip to the store. I bet I can make all sorts of yummy things in it! And the best part about it was I got it FREE! Thanks to company spring training. For completing training we received a $50 Gift Card for the company store. So I just used it to get the stove and a shirt and some aluminum trays for the stove and I still have like 10 bucks left on it. I'll save it for later.

Right now I'm sitting at our terminal in Gary, IN. I was hoping to get to Seville tonite but I didn't have enough hours to run. I'm running very low on work-week hours anyway and I will probably still have to to do a 34 hr. restart when I get to Seville. I don't want to do it, but it will certainly help me out. But I might do a little more math and see if it's really necessary. I might be able to eke by without it but it will limit how many hours I can run each day between now and when I go home.

And I'm due to go home on next Thursday or Friday. I'm only gonna get two days this time. I really want more, but beggars can't be choosers.

Well I'm not really focused enough to blog any more. So I'm outtie. Toodles!

Comments

Decorina said…
I just found your blog at Pumpkin Driver. Really great reading - and I enjoy the pictures. I left another comment further down...

If you click on my name it will take you to my blog - looks like I'm older than you are, but I just love driving a big truck. My job now isn't driving OTR, but delivering new trucks and tractors. Going to Richmond, VA Tuesday to pick up a 07 Freightshaker to bring back to Denver. I'm going to go through VA and W VA on the way.
poolman said…
Just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your blog. It's one of the best I've found about trucking. You paint a great picture of what you experience. Keep up the good work.

Poolman
Anonymous said…
Hey Gi-Gi ... I want to thank you for sharing a little bit of your truckin life with wanna-be's like me. I'm hoping to become a drive in about a year. You can check out my blog over at http://truckintedybehr.hwyblogs.com I live in Ohio about 1/2 way between Cinci and Columbus not far from I-71. If you find yourself going to be in the area, I would love to buy you a cup of coffee and talk about the truckin life (that is not a pickup line). You can give me a shout at truckin.tedybehr@gmail.com Thanks again. -TT
Anonymous said…
time for another post, GiGi! Ive been reading and I like! Cmon, what has been happening with you?
Angela said…
Welcome Aboard Decorina... nice to see a fellow lady driver! I'll be checking your blog and adding you to my list of Truckin' Blogs! Hope you don't mind!

Welcome to you also Poolman... glad you've enjoyed my blog. I enjoy creating it and posting about my experiences. Honestly though, more for my own pleasure than the anticipation of someone else's. That's just bonus!

And you as well Truckin TedyBehr. Driving is certainly a life filled with both challenges and adventure. If you choose this line of living, I wish you all the best! Just remember, safety first and always!

Hey Trucking Tiger... guess what I just posted?! hehe

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello