Pardon the Interruption

If you've attempted to view my site in the past 72 hours and got an error page, I apologize.  I kept putting off renewing the annual subscription for my website and email services and Yahoo! put my domain on lock down until I paid them.  But we're back on track now.

Life hasn't been too exciting since my last post.  Just watching my little Starfish grow and learn each day.  She's making leaps and bounds and is growing way too fast.  Now tipping the scale at nearly 13lbs. Shes swiftly outgrowing most of the 0-3 month clothes I have in her top dresser drawer.  She's already outgrown size 1 diapers as well.  Technically she could probably wear them still, but she kept having major poo blowouts that were no fun to clean up. 

She's starting to grab and hold onto toys and things with more intent than instinct.  And she is learning how to work her hands more each day.  She's developing quite the spunky little personality too, having learned to stomp her foot on the hard part of her bouncy seat to get my attention or to get a point across ("hey mommy I have crap in my pants again!").  She's also learned the "fake" cry, which is killing me.  She will be making quite a ruckus like she's in dire straits but when I look over at her, she's smiling and looking at me like "gotcha!". 

She is a lot more smiley and happy these days as well.  Her primary cranky time is at night before bed when she's fighting sleep while exhausted from a long day of playing.  But in the mornings she wakes happy and babbling in her crib.  She's actually quite patient in the mornings as well, not fussing but just hanging out waiting for me to wake up and come to her.  Some mornings she's in a bit more of a hurry for me to wake up and will be more vocal to get me moving her way, but I'm sure those are the mornings she's more hungry after a long nights' sleep.

She's sleeping through the night every night now.  She goes to bed between 10-11 at night and usually wakes between 7-8 in the morning.  And I'm not sure how common it is for her, but we learned during the course of our trip to Pennsylvania this past weekend that around 3:30  in the morning she likes to wake up and play "quietly" for about a half hour before drifting back to sleep.  Here at home, she sleeps in her own room and we have never heard her do that if she does it every night.  While at the Grandparents' house we had to keep baby in the bedroom with us and learned that she's quite the noisy sleeper.  The first night there Daddy and I didn't really get much sleep because of her constant noise making. 

Grunts and squeaks and groans, oh my.

The trip to PA was a fun but exhausting one.  We drove up Friday, arriving at the Grandparents' house after 9pm. Starfish did really well on the 7 hour car ride up and back.  On the way there we stopped for lunch/dinner about halfway and had to actually rouse her to eat and get a diaper change.  She didn't willingly stay awake until we were about a half hour away from our destination, then she decided it was the best choice to cry and scream the rest of the way there.  But then, when we got to where we were going we realized she was only screaming because she was hungry and had a diaper full of poo. 

I'd be mad too.

We all had a great time visiting with family for the weekend and of course Starfish was the main attraction. 

Her Great Grammy and Grandpop seemed to really enjoy meeting her and spending time with her. 


Everyone enjoyed playing with her and she took a particular shine to her cousin Abraham. 


At the family reunion the all the family cooed over her and asked a billion questions about her.  She slept for most of the reunion, but seemed to really enjoy herself when she finally woke up.  She even managed to count how many Goldfish crackers were in a jar and we found out later that she won with the closest guess!


Here she is with the whole crew at the tail end of our visit.  Great Uncle Mark and Great Aunt Cindy, Cousins Abe and Jordan, Great Grammy & Grandpop and of course Mommy and Daddy. 


The trip home was a quiet one.  Starfish was obviously worn out from the weekend and only woke up once a few hours into the trip in need of nourishment.  The rest of the trip she snoozed away.  We arrived back home after 10:30 Sunday night and all of us were snuggled into bed by 11:30. 

Right now, Starfish is sleeping in her bouncy seat, surely due to wake up at any time for her next meal.  I think she's on the down side of another growth spurt as she's been sleeping more and eating less after several days of wanting to eat every two hours and being more cranky than usual.  And I swear she grew again over night the other night. 

It is crazy how fast babies grow and learn. The things we take for granted, things that are second nature to us are the things she's now struggling to figure out.  It's amazing to watch her.  The way she watches her hands like they are magical creatures.  The way she smiles when she recognizes the faces on her stuffed animals. And the way she turns her head to watch the doorway when she hears daddy's footsteps on the stairs, just waiting for him to pop in and say hello! 

My heart just swells each time I look at her; when she holds my finger in her little hand; when she nuzzles into the crook of my neck as I hold her.  I love my little Starfish to pieces!


Comments

Belledog said…
Woo! So glad you are back; I was worried you'd taken the blog down.

Starfish continues to charm; glad you and N8 are enjoying early parenthood and a visit with your extended family.

Have not been commenting much because I have a broken arm, but it's been almost a month and FINALLY can type with both hands again.

Cheers. Belledog
Angela said…
Sorry to hear about the broken arm Belledog. That's a big bummer. I hope you heal well and quickly. :)

And don't ever worry about the blog, it's going no where (permanently anyway). I just kept putting off paying my fees because 1)I'm lazy 2)I'm poor and 3)I'm occupied with my Starfish. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic