Time Well Spent

I had really hoped becoming a stay at home mom would afford me more time for blogging and other things I enjoy.  But alas, it hasn't.  And really I'm quite okay with how my time is actually being spent.

I am way too occupied with the epic cuteness that is my little Starfish.  Where I would spend time reading, blogging, listening to music and such, I now play peek-a-boo, tickle monster and make up silly songs about my baby's body parts to elicit any and all smiles that I can get. 

I am napping when she naps and changing diapers and feeding her, sacrificing (or at least postponing) my own hygiene and nutrition needs to make sure my sweet little one is getting everything she needs to grow up big and strong.

I talk to her and show her things and explain things as I do them; I'm blow drying my hair, washing the dishes, folding the laundry and putting on shoes.  I tell her why I do those things as I do them and watch as she looks at me quizzically (or like I'm completely crazy, I haven't decided which). She will smile and coo like she's totally following what I'm telling her.  Sometimes she'll wave her little arm or kick her little legs excitedly when I talk to her.

And that smile, oh that smile, makes me melt.  

Sometimes, my time is spent cuddling her or calming her when she's overtired and finds herself upset.  I whisper to her that she's okay and mommy's got her and will take care of her and love her forever and always.

Other times I put her in her crib and gently rub her belly or kiss her cheek and tell her I love her and wish her sweet dreams. 

No, I don't spend as much time doing the other things I figured I'd be doing... but I'm okay with that.

My time is being spent in just the most perfect way. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic