Holiday Weekend

On Sunday we spent the afternoon and evening with my family having dinner at my Dad's house.  It was a very nice get together, despite Starfish's crankiness.  She got passed around and loved on lots and seemed to have a good time (when she wasn't crying or fussing). 

I kind feel like I failed at the whole traveling mommy thing though, I really should have taken something for her to sit in besides her car seat.  I'm sure she'd have enjoyed her bouncy or her Bumbo when she started feeling wallered to death.  But alas, I suck.  I am still learning that I have more items to put in a diaper bag too.  I'm a newbie, give me a break child, I don't know what you need and what you don't yet!

It's almost funny though when you get somewhere and you think "oh hey I need this thing I don't have with me and now life is miserable because we don't have it".  Like I said, almost funny. 

We're gearing up for a 7 hour road trip to a family reunion in Pennsylvania in a couple weeks and I'm positive we will forget something essential and end up having to go buy a temporary replacement.  My luck, it'll be the baby that we forget... and lord knows those aren't cheap! hahahahahaha

Seriously though, I'm sure we'll forget something essential.  Heck the other day we went out somewhere and I knew we would be gone just long enough for her to need to eat so I decided to thaw some stored breast milk to take with us and feed her with a bottle.  We got where we were going and she decided she was hungry and I went to get the bottle put together but realized I had the bottle and the milk but no nipple to feed her from the bottle with.  So I ended up having to whip out the ol' boob and take care of business, in the backseat of the car where I had a little privacy.

I am not keen on public feeding, more because of my own shyness about it. If I'm around close friends or family... whatever, boobs be flying out all over the place.  But I can't bring myself to plop down in a public forum like the mall and whip out my boob where anyone and everyone can see.  It's not that I'm ashamed of breast feeding, because I'm certainly not.  I'm just not a fan of being ogled, judged, or otherwise bothered by strangers when I'm feeding my baby.

Plus my precious little Starfish has a tendency to be wild and crazy and act like a rabid badger when it's feeding time.  She squirms and thrashes sometimes before I can get her latched on.  The same thing tends to happen when she's done on one side.  She acts as if she'll never ever get to eat again while I have her propped upon my shoulder trying to burp her between breasts.   She cries and screeches and throws quite the tantrum. 

Imagine that happening while trying to be "discreet" in public. 

Yeah...

Exactly.

Anywho.

The rest of our long weekend was spent at home.  The hubby has been working on the second 2nd floor bathroom, hanging and finishing drywall. And baby girl and I... well... we worked on being awesome at doing nothing much of anything.  She was pretty cranky all weekend and her naps were few and far between and her happy moments only came just after eating for maybe a 10 minute stretch.  Then the cranklepuss reared its head and kept mommy on her toes trying to keep it calm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic