Aww, Crap...

I'm adjusting pretty well to life after Facebook. It was tough, those first 48 hours or so. I kept picking up my iPhone, wondering what on Earth I would use it for now. Then I downloaded the game app Angry Birds... too much fun I tell ya!

Actually though I'm finding that the battery life on my iPhone has greatly increased on a day to day basis since I'm not constantly logging on to check and post crap all over FB. And when I had a load that took me through the house yesterday, I wasn't getting annoyed glares from my fiance while sitting at the dinner table. Used to be I'd peek over the iPhone and see him glowering. ;o)

I did sneak though the house, well not really sneak, I asked for a load through the house for an appointment I wanted to make (and then keep). It was successful. Making and keeping the appointment that is. The outcome of said appointment is as of yet to be determined. But I'm optimistic. I'll talk about it at a future time, I'm sure.

The day before I headed through the house I was at our Carlisle, PA company terminal waiting for a load towards home. I had a windshield crack that had grown over the past few weeks from a 1 inch spiderweb crack just outta my line of vision, to an eighteen inch slicing crack from the upper left corner, thru the spiderweb and down to towards the lower right corner of my drivers' side windshield. It was annoying, so I stopped by the shop to see if the glass guy could come by and replace my windshield if he didn't mind.

Was my lucky day! He was in the neighborhood and arrived only a couple hours after the shop had called to invite him for a visit. When he got to the yard, he got started on my windshield right away. Actually while I was typing my last blog post he was cutting out the old windshield and then installing the new one. He was actually the same guy that had replaced a windshield in Kenny last winter, so we caught a little.

While he was doing his work and I was doing mine, I started hearing this odd sound coming from overhead. I thought it was just the heat of the day making the fiberglass of the sleeper berth crackle and knock. Then I saw the splat, splat of bird crap falling upon the passenger side windshield. Then I noticed that the window guy was dodging more incoming bird bombs as he scrambled down off the truck.

I'd managed to park under the local birds' favorite light post hangout. And it must've been happy hour because there were about 8-10 birds, mostly large crows, and a few smaller ones, probably starlings, perched upon the round light fixture atop the post. It must've also been bathroom break during happy hour because my truck ended up nearly COVERED in bird doo-doo. Luckily Mr. Windsheild had made a quick getaway and hung out by his truck affixing my EZPass transponder to the new windshield before installing it. By the time he was ready to climb back up and put the new glass in the birds had left and found an after party elsewhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic