Oh Fun! A MeMe

1. What is your favorite interstate to travel??

One of my absolute favorites to travel is the recently re-opened stretch of I-40 in western NC into Tennessee. It's scenic, windy, has a few tunnels and its just beautiful!

2. Pilot, T/A, Flying J or Loves??

I'd rather a TA or Flying J just because they have better dining options than Pilot or Loves, which both generally have only fast food. But since my company primarily fuels at Pilots, that's where I'll end up since I get a free shower after fueling up. Plus they DO have the best damn coffee out there. I've even gone so far as to stay at a T/A but drive to a Pilot in the morning JUST for the coffee.

3. If you had to travel cross-country (East-West or West-East) would you prefer to take the Northern Route (I-80 or I-90) or the Southern Route (I-10 or I-40)?

I'd prefer I-4o just because it's got all the old Rt. 66 stops on it. And I know where a few good places to stop are along that route. But I don't really get out west that often and haven't really taken the northern interstates too far west. I've been on I-80 starting over in Utah and came across it in the dead of winter after a nasty storm coated it with a nice layering of ice. So that really kinda sucked. I'm sure it's lovely in the summer though! haha


4. When driving, do you prefer to see the sunrise or the sunset?

I'm a sunrise kind of girl really. Nothing like knowing you have another day ahead of you to make the most of. Sunset just means I get to go to sleep soon! haha

5. Favorite state to drive through?

People always look at me crazy when I say this but, Wisconsin. I just love it. It think it's swell with it's farms and cities and natural beauty. I know, a lot of other states have those things too, but there is just something about that state that had me at "Welcome to Wisconsin". ;o)

6. Least favorite state to drive through?

I'm not that fond of driving through a few states, but the first one that comes to mind is Connecticut. And mostly only the first 40 or so mile stretch of I-95 which can get jammed up like crazy.

7. What do you think is the most truck friendly state?

Hmm, definitely NOT Virginia.... I don't know really. I've noticed that some states have more parking to offer between overnight rest areas and truck stops but not one particular state comes to mind.

8. What do you think is the least truck friendly state?

Umm... VIRGINIA! I still can't believe the gull of that stoopid Commonwealth for some of the things they do to terrorize truckers. They don't allow overnight parking in what few rest areas they still have open. They will tell you to pull over onto the shoulder of an off/on ramp during a blizzard and then TICKET you for illegally parking... its just nuts! Haters.

9. What is your favorite town to layover in?

Indianapolis, IN if I have a choice in the matter and have to be away from home for a layover. I think it's mostly because our company has a rate contract with a nearly 4 star hotel that me loves a lots! They have great food, great beds, lots of cable channels, and super service. If I gotta be holed up in my truck the whole time, however, I think I'd prefer to be stuck somewhere like Vegas, but that'll never happen! haha

10. Las Vegas, Reno or Atlantic City?

I have to guess Vegas, but I've never been to any of these three for more time than it takes to drive through them on my way to somewhere else.

11. Atlantic Coast or Pacific Coast?

I'm an east coaster and haven't really had too much experience with the left coast. I didn't really like what little I have seen but then, LA is about the extent of it for me and that did not impress a hillbilly like me!

12. Favorite type of freight to haul?

I'm fond of anything under 10,000 lbs! haha I don't really care what I haul, but I always like it when something gets a little damaged and I get a cargo claims freebie out of it.

13. Favorite company/industry to haul for?

Well I don't mind hauling for places like Proctor & Gamble or Kimberly Clark, even though they are often treated like prima donna's by our company and one wrong move can get your a service failure as a driver. Most of them tend to be drop and hook which is always bonus and you know you will mostly likely get loaded out of the place you deliver to, so it's often convenient.

14. Most annoying traffic related gripe regarding truck drivers?

Truckers, listen up... I cannot stand it when I'm at a truck stop, shipper/receiver, or anywhere that I'm trying to back into a parking space and you are too damn impatient to wait for me to completely back in before you a) cut behind me (a$$hole) or b) cut in front of me (booger) while I'm trying to get situated. It's just rude!

15. Most annoying traffic related gripe regarding four wheelers?

Hang up and drive jerk! Oh and go to your local DMV and pick up a copy of the literature you get when you're first learning to drive and re-read the section about MERGING! UGH!

16. Do you drive solo or as part of a team?

I'm a loner, baby.

17. What kind of truck do you have and what color is it?

It's a Freightliner Century standard issue in International Safety Orange.

18. How many gears does it have?

10 forward, two reverse. Yeah, I'm a bada$$ (sarcasm at it's finest) and soooo glad to be rid of Kenny the Autoshift. Blah!

19. Does your truck have a name?

My newest truck is Large Marge. She's a beast. Previous installments were Kenny and Trucky.

20. Do any pets travel with you? If so, what kind and what are their names?

Do dust bunnies count? If so there are a few and I haven't thought up creative names for them yet! haha

21. What is your favorite drive in the entire country?

Any drive that takes me home.

22. What state do you currently live in and were you born and raised in that state?

I live in West "by god you'd better smile when you say it" Virginia and yep, I was born'ed and raised there.

23. What kind of trailer do you pull?

A 53' big orange box.

24. What is your favorite truck stop?

I'd have to say that I really like the one where I park my rig during home time. But it's not that great of a place, the parking is small, no showers, but they have parking and for time off, that's what counts. Aside from that I don't really know if I have a favorite truck stop. Yet.

25. What jobs did you do before you became a truck driver?

Secretary, Wal-Mart Cashier, Real Estate Property Manager, Retail Clerk, Telemarketer, State Government Office Assistant, Travel Agency Ticket Processor/Receptionist/Slave and a few other odds and ends.

26. Have you ever been to Canada and if so, which is your favorite Province/Territory? Why?

I have been to Ontario and Quebec. I loved northern Ontario... oh wait, cool truck stop up in Renfrew, ON - Antrim Truck stop. Great food! Didn't really like much about Quebec, the people suck and the traffic in most of the major cities blows worse than Atlanta during rush hour.

27. What type of weather do you dislike driving in?

Sunny warm weather... seriously... I'd rather be doing something else on a nice sunny beautiful day! Oh and I hate icy roads. Makes for stressful days. I can handle my rig in most inclement weather conditions but I'd prefer not to have to keep a death grip on the wheel and a prayer in my heart.

28. What do you listen to while driving? Type of music, talk shows, etc.

If I'm up early early, I tune into Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. Later I listen to Wake-Up with Taylor on Cosmo Radio followed by a little Fox News then back to Cosmo for Cocktails with Patrick. If I need music instead of talk, I've got about 20 other presets filled with all sorts of fun stations on XM!

29. Who is your favorite talk show host?

I would say Taylor (with Kenny & Victoria) since I do listen to that program the most but I really really LOVE George Noory. I was also hot to trot for Glenn Beck for quite a while but I had to take a break from all the politics and lower my stress level. His show post election caused my blood pressure to skyrocket, not from what he thought or said but from what was happening to our country. Bah... even now I'm getting fired up! haha


30. What is your CB handle?

I don't really talk much on the CB but if I need to or do and someone asks, I tell 'em Gi-Gi or Roxy. I guess you can figure out why.

Comments

hey there!...great answers!!..i admit i had to shudder just a little over the glenn beck thingy, but hey, if we all saw things the same way, it would get pretty boring, huh??...glad to know they've reopened i-40 in nc/tn....i hadn't heard that yet.....
The Daily Rant said…
Love this! I love when you do memes - finally glad you got around to doing this one. Be safe out there!
Anonymous said…
Love the questions...since I'm not a driver yet, I can't really answer them...ssssoooo...I'm going to post a challenge on my blog with these questions to see how many others will answer them.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic