Nevada Magic

I just have to say that every time I look at my blog I get all happy and smiley over the blog header my good gal pal over at The Daily Rant made for me. The pictures are three that I took myself, over at Walker Lake in Nevada on my first ever wild west big rig adventure. I sure wish I had more opportunities to get out west. But being a solo driver, loads are hard to come by since most of them are on a tight time schedule and so my company gives most all of the loads from the east and eastern Midwest headed to the left coast to team drivers. Booo hiss.

I have had the pleasure of taking two trips to the pacific shores, however. And both times I enjoyed myself, well mostly. The last big trip I took to Cali put me in an ER with a severe inner ear infection. Of course it wasn't the west's fault, it was just a mixture of my terrible allergies and then those pesky constant and rapid elevation changes. Again, boo hiss.

I do however love going westward. Most people loathe the desert southwest, finding the drive boring and lackluster. I, however, find that my eyes are always scanning the horizon for some new critter I've never seen or other wildlife I don't get to see over here on the east coast. Oh and the horizon itself never ceases to amaze me, whether it's a spectacular sunrise/sunset, amazing cloud formations, or a majestic snow capped mountain rising out of a morning fog, for me it's always breath taking.

One route I enjoyed but wish I'd had more time to stop and enjoy was in the Las Vegas region of Nevada. I've been through it once, but was more focused on the traffic jam ahead of me than that which surrounded me. I did notice that south of the city there was quite a few attractions and places to visit, and next time I get out that way I fully intend on doing so.

One such place is the Alamo Truck Stop down on Rt. 93. It's a shame I'm getting ready to go home for some much needed R & R and that I don't get out west that often, as a friend of mine that lives over there told me that they heard that place is gonna be offering a special deal next Friday, April 9th from 12pm-4pm. Apparently all truckers that stop by in their big rig are going to get a free meal! It's in Alamo, NV off Highway 93.

Are any of you going to be in that area around then? I know that's a whole week away, but maybe some of you team drivers are going to be going through there. Lemme know if you're going to check it out. And if you do, come back and lemme know what you think. I have a lot of friends that drive out west and if it turns out to be a good place I can let them know.

Plus, hey how often do we get a break like that? A free meal?! C'mon! Sure we get Pilot points and Roadking miles to help out a little here and there, but drivers still pay for it in the end with fuel costs and purchases. So shoot, why not take advantage of a free meal!

Anywho... I'm in a mood to reminisce, so I'm going to go click though my westbound trip foto albums. Maybe I'll post a few next time!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just came out of home and was surprised to get a load going to LA, I also love it out there, LA wasn't much fun, then I was sent to a undisclosed place to pick up a load of missile's to take to another undisclosed place to be loaded with explosives and fuel. Talk about being nervous. Then sent up to Long Island and the Bronx for a load home. YAAA. Are you getting good miles also? These 1k bring home are nice. They have been running me ragged. Well happy trails. D
Angela said…
I've been running a lot. I never bring home 1K, but I bring home enough to pay the bills and give me play dough! So I can't complain.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello