Why, weenie, why?

Saw Weenie Wagger #4...or is it #5... heck I've lost count. I wish I wasn't the one getting to see them all the dang time. Why aren't any of you seeing them? Or are you and you are just not reporting it? I think you should share some of your tales from the road!

While you're thinking of a good tale to tell... here's a tale of my own.

I was driving along minding my own business yesterday when I noticed another company driver in my side mirror coming up behind me. I assumed that at the rate of speed the truck was approaching me that the company truck must have belonged to a team. The company team trucks are set at a higher limit than solo drivers' trucks are... by nearly 7 mph.

As the truck approached I realized there was not the tell-tale team sticker on the side so I figured it was just a solo driver hammer down. You see, our solo trucks will allow you to go 63 mph using the throttle pedal.. but when set on cruise control, the max speed is set for somewhere between 59-61 mph. So anywho, the truck was creeping up along side me and the driver waved and passed on by. Then the driver gets over in front of me in the granny lane and SLOWS down.

Now I appreciate a good day of hauling ass but this is something I consider very rude. If you're gonna go pedal to the metal, then do it. If not, then don't.... but don't go half and half and annoy other drivers.

Apparently the other drivers' trailer is loaded down too, so as we approach a rather steep hill, the truck now in front of me already going slower than when it was passing me, is gradually going slower and slower as it climbs the hill. Finally, I take the first opportunity given to grab the fast lane and pass him, since my load is less than cumbersome and I can pull the hill at my full cruise control speed.

I wave, pass on by and grab the granny lane. As I crest the hill I check the mirror and see that the truck is now a good half mile behind me. I begin my descent. The other truck begins its' descent shortly thereafter and barrels down the hill at a ridiculous speed, passes me, gets in front of me, and then proceeds to slow down again.

Bastid. This went on for quite a while. Pass, repass, pass...etc. Finally it was time for me to stop and shut down for the night. And the other driver continued on their merry way. After parking and finishing up my logbook I walked into the truck stop for dinner and relaxin'.

On my way in a couple of other drivers approached me and asked if I was running with the other company driver. When I told them no, they laughed and said they didn't think so since I had been driving with respect and he was being a jerk. Apparently I wasn't the only one being annoyed with him along the highway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic