Hippity Hop!

Well I've not been a big celebrator of Easter in recent years for my own personal reasons, but for those of you celebrating today... Happy Easter and may the Easter Bunny not leave any thing resembling chocolate covered raisins on your front steps! ;o)

I'm not even going to bother looking at my last blog to see where I was or what I was doing the last time I blogged. I usually do that to kinda pick up where I left off or whatever, but I don't really feel like it. So there. ha!

I would, however, like to tell you about the miracle that happened to me yesterday at a P & G in Iowa.

To begin, I delivered the day before at a P & G over in Iowa City after 8 and a half hours of driving, with no problems. I found the place easy enough, was checked in, made my drop, grabbed my empty and was checked out in less than 30 minutes. Piece of cake!

While I was with the guard checking the empty to make sure it was indeed empty before leaving the premises, I heard the beeps begin issuing from my Qualcomm in the cab. I figured I'd better check at least the first two messages out, as they include the load number and pick-up location, date and time, just to make sure I didn't need to be moving along right away. I really only looked at the date and the "miles from current location" section to see how far away it was. It was set for the following day and was only 22 miles away. Sweet.

I was relived to see that the load was to be picked up the following day and that I would be able to head to the nearest truck stop and get some much anticipated rest. I had just driven 8.5 hours after all, in rain for 80 percent of it...with high winds to boot... and was pretty well pooped. I'd secretly hoped I wouldn't have to get a load that same day... and my hope became reality.

It wasn't until I was at the truck stop and started really checking out the load assignment that I realized I'd be 1) sitting for a whole day before I could it up since it wasn't gonna be ready until the following EVENING; 2) that it was at the P & G I've been too before where I sat and waited and waited and then ended up empty handed because they load never came to fruition.

I was instantly worried that I'd end up sitting at the truck stop for 24 hours only to end up not getting the load assigned to me for whatever reason. I tried not to focus on the idea of it and decided instead to spoil myself with a motel room for the night. Lucky for me the truck stop shared a property line with a small motel with rooms available.

So I gathered what I'd need for a night of relaxation and headed over to get a room. It wasn't my favorite Holiday Inn in Indy, but it wasn't a dump either. The room was clean, free of bed bugs and didn't reek of cigarette smoke... it was a little pricier than I'd hoped... but it was warm and private and had wi-fi.

I did manage to relax and play online a little, watched the boob tube and snacked on junk food until I was stuffed and miserable! It was awesome! hahahaha

After a good nights' rest, I showered and checked out. I still had about 5 hours before I could even head over to see if the load was going to actually happen or not, so I sat in my truck and read a book.

Finally able to head out, I did a pre-trip, started my log book for the day and then hit the road. Less than 10 minutes later I was at the guard shack crossing my fingers that things went well.

You see, the last time I was there I checked in and was directed as to where to drop my empty trailer and pick up my loaded one. After dropping the empty, when I went to the place my loaded trailer was supposed to be and found that it wasn't there I found myself bobtailing it somewhere else to get a load that was actually real. Turned out the load they had assigned me to wasn't due to be loaded for 4 more days and would eventually be parked in that particular spot... ya know... 4 days later. UGH! Frustration!

So I was nervous as I approached the guard shack. Lucky for me it was all for naught. Turned out that my load was ready to go and I was in and out in about 30 minutes! woo hoo! Simple as pie this time! I love it. But of course, there is one draw back to the load.... I have to sit on it until tomorrow morning. It can't deliver any earlier than my 10 am appointment. So I get to layover in the meantime. I suppose I can't complain. I had time to beat a video game on my Nintendo DS and finish reading one book and start and finish another one!

I've also taken some time to write a little,creatively. I have been dying to get back into creative writing for pleasure and today I did just that. I've got a million words just itching to fly off my fingertips onto the computer screen... I just have to sit down and allow it to happen.

Hmm...what else? I know I had something else I wanted to blog about today but I'm totally drawing a blank right now. So I'm gonna get moving... maybe write some more after checking out a website I heard about on Dave Nemo's Roaddog Trucking radio show earlier this week.

Toodles!

Comments

Team Caffee said…
I love when loads turn out likes your did. It is also awesome we can get loaded early and on our way.
Bijou said…
Hi Gi-Gi

Hoppy Easter to you! We got lots of boiled eggs here but nothing good like candy, cause we don't get sugary sweets.

I'm happy to hear you are doing well and they are keeping you busy. Stay safe.

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou
happy to hear that things went well for you!..i hate it when loads cancel or they get the dates wrong....just makes you feel like you've wasted your time and money......be safe out there!
Jason S Harry said…
Got to love it when the universe is in sync with our 'hopes and wishes!'

I'd be interested to read your creative writing when you're ready to share!

Finally, I know what else you wanted to blog about: How you know this guy with the best "Woman Psychology" skills the world ever did see!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello