Happy Independence Day

I hope that everyone out there has a super awesome, safe, and exciting Independence Day. For those of you who are out and about on your 18 (or 4) wheels , remember to watch out for drunk drivers and retards who are in a hurry to get to their festivities. There's gonna be a great need for travel caution over the next three to four days thanks to this holiday weekend. So take it easy out there!

I am looking forward to spending the night at home with my sweetie before heading the rest of the way to my next delivery point. Luckily it's in West Virginia and only three hours from the house. So I can sleep in and still make on-time delivery tomorrow afternoon. I will either make it back to the house tomorrow night or early Sunday morning. It just depends on how long it actually takes to do the live unload at the consignee. Average duration is stated to be 6 hours. I can't imagine it would really take that long... but I've been fooled before.

I had one live unload that the average duration was said to be 3 hours, I was there for 8. The first 5 of which was just waiting my turn to dock. So ya just never know what to really expect until you get there. I'm hoping I can be in and out in like two hours... that'd be ideal.

Right now I'm just sitting in Charlotte wasting time. I could've left already and ended up having nearly all day to spend at home. But the ol' man has to work today and since he's my ride home from the truck stop, we figured it'd be best if I just got home at the same time he's getting off work. So I'll leave here in another hour or so and be home at nearly 6pm.

I don't have any big plans for the holiday today. Since I'm not getting home until later in the day, I'll have missed any family festivities that maybe occuring. So I might just make the ol' man take me to the movies to see the Indiana Jones film before it's run it's course in the local theatre's.

But who knows... might just grab a six'er and a pizza and vegge out on the couch. I'll probably blog again before the weekend is out. But if I don't.... have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy 4th of July !!!!!!!!!!

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in english, thank a veteran.
Decorina said…
And happy 4th to you!

I just finished reading Vince Bugliosi's book about Shrub Bush. Depressing to think about on the 4th of July.

But I'm enjoying all the fireworks while the dog wanders around trying to get comfortable with all the noise...poor puppy dog. He just doesn't like it.

I haven't been on the road for a week or so and have enjoyed the time at home. We don't have air conditioning (I'm originally from Phoenix, AZ and will never be convinced that Denver, CO is really, really HOT) so all the doors and windows are open and I have a ceiling fan going most of the day. And in the shade under the big ash tree in the back yard it is cool enough!

I'd be sorely tempted by the Idle Air during the day if it was steaming. I agree about the southeast - Florida is awful. Heat, humidity and bugs. Ack.

Stay cool, girl.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic