Foto-a-Go-Go

I don't know why it had never occured to me to post pictures with my blogs. But thanks to a recent comment by Aaron the Truck Driver, I decided up load some of my personal favorites that I've been taking along the way to a photobucket account to share with you. Here's round one of pictures, with brief descriptions or stories to explain them for you. Enjoy! (I apologize in advance for the variation in sizes on the pictures. I tried to resize them all and then upload them, but apparently something got screwed up so even though they're small on the photobucket site they are all whacky here.)

Just me and my truck.
Well of course this is just me in my big rig. This was taken sometime
back in September by my ol' man at a truck stop in West Virginia. If
I recall correctly, this was taken the morning after I got to stop and
sneak in a visit with him and his family.

Pokin' my head out my rig.
And of course this is me pokin' my head out of my window while the
ol' man took a full view shot of my rig.

Ontario Autumn Beauty
This is from my second adventure into Canada. This particular foto
was taken in northern Ontario. I loved the vivid fall colors!

Watch for Happy Gay Leaping Dear in Canada
I don't get why the Canadian deer crossing
sign is so "happy". I refer to this as the
"Happy Gay Leaping Deer".

Montreal Traffic
Montreal, Quebec traffic was the pits! It was like this night and
day, day and night with no end in sight. Unfortunately for me, I
missed my exit before I hit this mess and was looking for a route
that would take me back to where I needed to be. Ended up
sitting in traffic for HOURS!

Sidling Hill, MD
If you've ever driven across I-68 in Maryland then you are probably
familiar with the Sidling Hill Exhibit Center. This is my approach of
the Center and mountain driving east bound. I loved this view with
the fog hovering in the cut through.

Mahoopany, PA
I took this foto the morning after I stayed the night at our company droplot in
Mahoopany, PA. My breath was certainly taken away by this lovely landscape.

GW Bridge, rollin' rollin' rollin'!
From my frist trip "this close" to NYC. I just love NY.....NOT! The
traffic is horrendous and people can't drive with even half a brain! This
back up was thanks to some moron that ran into the inside wall of the bridge.

GW Bridge, NYC Parking Lot Style.
Same day, same traffic jam. Bumper to bumper for over three hours. UGH!

My Lady, My Love
A later trip to NY put me in Brooklyn at a shipper right on the harbour and
allowed me to meet Lady Liberty, albeit from a distance, for the first time
in my life. I cried, uncontrollably and was overwhelmed with emotion.
I love the USA!

Brooklyn Traffic
But I don't love traffic detours that take you through over 33 stop lights, one
at every block in Brooklyn, NY. This was not at all fun.

PA's first snow of the season
I snapped this foto in west/central Pennsylvania during their first snow squall of
the season. I loved this because none of the crud stuck to the roads so traveling
was a breeze, surrounded by a white blanket of beauty!

Hard Core Trucker
This guy didn't have any trouble navigating through the Pennsylvania snow squall!
He is definitly a hard core trucker!

Adairondak Rest Area NY
Finally for this round of pictures to catch you up on my travels, the cool
little rest area in the Adairondak Mountains of NY State.

Comments

GoGo said…
Aww ya, those damn Happy Gay Leaping Deer.
Who run blindly into the headlights.
Wish those things had glowing noses at least.

Im digging the pictures!
P.S. The funk comes, the funk goes... Believe it or not. Someday, when you are working locally and doing the same thing night after night.. or day after day. You will miss the funk.
Hate. Love.
Love. Hate. Thats trucking!
Anonymous said…
i really like your blog.
Those pics were awesome! I especially love the NYC pics. And, we all know dogs love trucks! Thanks for sharing. Cheers from Boston! :D
Kyle Jernigan said…
Traffic in NYC is bad enough on foot, much less on 4 wheels, and God knows 18 is about as settling as swimming in shark infested waters with a steak around your neck.

Anyway, like your blog, thanks for driving!
Anonymous said…
Check out www.pumpkinpilot.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
I just googled "why are quebec deer crossing signs gay?" and found your site and it made me laugh. Just for the record, in all other provinces the deer-crossing signs feature big bucks going to shag does and beat the crap out of other bucks.
Martin said…
Great blog, even better now it's with pics!! ;-))

Half way through, another day or so of reading to go . . . . . .

M.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up