Blog Attempt

I don’t know what my deal is lately. I’m in a funk. I feel as though all of my precious "Force" has been drained out of my body. I’m constantly tired, doing physical labor makes me nearly comatose, and no matter how long I sleep, I’m not getting a resurgance of energy. FUNK.

That being said, I apologize for any lack of life to this particular blog in advance. *snort* Not that it matters what you think, since I blog mainly for my own benefit, as a record of where I’ve been and what I’ve done and experienced along the way. ....and lookie there I just gave a little bit more of my "Force" away in the form of an unvalidated apology. Geesh....

Anywho. Not a whole lot of excitement in my life since my last short blog. I delivered my Charlotte load with no problemo. I was dispatched to drag my empty trailer up to Greensboro, NC to get my next load bound for Bondsville, MA. That trip was intersected by getting to crash in a hotel in Martinsburg, WV while the ol’ man was working there overnight. Pure luck really that he was in the area with a hotel room to boot!

The hotel allowed me to park my truck on site and stay in his room at no additional charge. Best thing about it was the room was a jacuzzi suite! I spent the better part of the evening in the jacuzzi while the ol’ man worked hard. The next day took me into Conneticut where I crashed out for the night at a service plaza.

That was an interesting night and morning. So I take back my previous statement that nothing exciting has recently occured. I was parked and hanging out in my truck for a while before I decided to go in and take a tinkle and get ready for bed, aka brush my teeth. I grabbed my purse which contained just my toothbrush and toothpaste and my keys and headed into the service plaza facility. On my way in there was a car full of "ladies" parked near the door that as I approached the building, motioned for me to come over.

I assumed that they were simply wanting directions or other pertinent local information. Boy was I wrong! The "lady" in the front passenger seat had rolled down her window and the words she said struck me as very odd. She simply said, "Be careful honey, there are State Troopers hanging out around front."

I replied, "Thanks, but I’m not doing anything illegal."

I thought it was very strange, the whole situation, until the next morning. I woke up and got dressed and grabbed my purse to head inside to take a tinkle and get ready to start my day, also aka brush my teeth. I made it in and out with no further incident. But not for long.

I was doing paperwork and enjoying the peace and quiet of my truck before hitting the road when someone knocked on my passenger side door. By the time I got up and pulled the curtain back they were gone. But I figured I’d better check by the drivers side in case they were over there. Sure enough, the "lady" from the passenger seat of the car on the night before was standing there all bright eyed and bushy tailed.

I rolled my window down about halfway and politely asked, "Can I help you?"

She rolled her eyes, shook her head and walked away.

Yep, I believe I have had my first official encounter with a "Lot Lizard".
(Truckers Prostitute, to the lay person.) I suppose I should invest in some of those "NO LOT LIZARD" stickers for my windows soon.

After I finished laughing my behind off realizing that the statement from the previous evening was meant to assume that I was a Lot Lizard (should I have been flattered or offended?!) and wrapping up paperwork I hit the road to finish my trip to Bondsville, MA. I made my delivery and was dispatched to pick up a new load in Clinton, MA which was bound for Perrysburg, OH.

I’ve not delivered that load yet, but I will in the early morning hours. For now I sit listening to the rain fall on my truck at our terminal in Seville, OH near Akron. I am excited to be sitting in the rain....not wondering how long before my bed clothes get soaked from my leaky window, as I had it replaced today!

Wow... apparently I needed to blog to lift my spirits a little. I feel a wee bit better having blogged now. Not by any means 100% but even the little boost it’s provided me helps. Now I must head off to visit the sandman before that 4:30 am alarm sounds and pisses me off again. hahaha

Toodles!

Comments

GoGo said…
Sometimes when your in a funk its a good idea to go buy stuff.

Like cameras.
For picture taking.
hint hint
Angela said…
...spending money can help. ;o)

What also helps is telling the funk good-bye & good-riddance and then remembering that you can post pictures you've been taking all along online for all to enjoy!
Anonymous said…
Lot lizards! Nice. I, too, am a solo female driver. Don't get bothered too much by them, but did have to shoo them away a couple of times. For me Houston, TX was the worst place for them. Oh, and the really really skanky one I saw in East St. Louis.

I love your blog and will be back!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up