Week 7 - Professional Truck Driver Training

I'm trying to remember what all we did in class last weekend and how it went, but my vacation has taken over my memory at the moment. I know the basics were as follows:

Saturday we did pre-trip inspection and gained another "refresher" student who we called "cock-eyed charlie". The guy had Cerebral Palsy and his right eye kinda just lolled around where ever it wanted to go. It was wierd. And he couldn't drive for sh!t. He actually scared the crap out of everyone, including the instructor. I don't know how the instructor could actually say with a straight face and a clear conscience that the guy should be out on the roads driving around 80K pounds around other humans! But, who am I?

We drove quite a bit all day long Saturday. I drove about 55 miles myself, out winding and curving two lane roads. It was fun... I did better than I honestly expected to do.

Sunday it was back to the yard with Mr. E, our original instructor from the classroom portion of our training. We just did straight lines and 45's all day long and ended up leaving a little early since it was Father's Day and all.

I forgot to call my dad. I'm terrible.

Then I got home and started packing and planning and doing laundry and such for the vacation.

I'm looking forward to this weekend, the final weekend of training. I'm a little nervous about the test on Sunday but I'm sure I'll do fine! We shall see!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic