Worlds Best Baby

So this morning I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day.  I stretched and then reached over to grab my phone to check the time. 

It was 9:30 am!!!!

What?! Something must be wrong with Leelu.... she normally wakes up and starts babbling for attention around 7:30-8.  My mind instantly went to dark places as I pulled on my sweatshirt and pajama pants.

As I approached the nursery door, which doesn't shut completely thus always being slightly ajar, I spied the most adorable little face peeping over the pink mesh crib pad.  She was on all fours, just staring at the door.  As I opened it the biggest smile spread across her face. 

How long had she been waiting for mommy to come in and say good morning? How long had she been awake? Why had she not begun her usual morning wake up calls? Why was she just staring at the door?

None of those questions mattered really.  The only thing that mattered was that she was awaiting my arrival and was thrilled to see me enter. 

She truly warms my heart. 

Upon waking we take to our usual routine.  I pick her up out of the crib, hold her close to her mobile so she can say good morning to her "friends" (she seriously loves that thing to pieces).  I then take her over to the light switch so she can turn on the overhead.  Then we go over to the window where I pull the cord to open the blind while singing "good morning world" as she watches the shade go up.

Then we turn a quarter turn to the left, open the second drawer on the dresser and pick out the outfit for the day.  Turn a half turn to the right and take a couple steps to the twin bed that doubles as the changing table.  I sit her down, unsnap her pajama buttons and make silly statements like "oh my look at the baby inside these jammies!"

Then I change her diaper, wrestle her to get her clothes on, and then scoop her up and snuggle her on our way to the door, where we pause so she can turn off the overhead light before we head downstairs for breakfast.

So exciting, our mornings.

Little miss Leelu is taking a nap right now.  I enjoyed a luxuriously long shower and am now playing on the computer while I wait for her to start stirring.  When she awakens, it will be time for lunch and then playtime.

Yesterday she only had one nap all day.  It was about an hour and a half fairly early in the day.  I took her out errand running with me in the afternoon, which meant she missed her second nap of the day.  She prefers to make silly sounds and play in the car nowadays.  Unless she's just super tired, she rarely naps in the car anymore. 

Once we got back home it was supper time for her, so I made her dinner and fed her and then we played a bit while daddy finished up the project he was working on in the kitchen remodel.  When he was done, we loaded up and headed over to our favorite wing spot for our own dinner, Leelu in tow of course. 

She was behaving quite well, playing with a couple of small toys while sitting her in stroller, but became restless after a half hour or so.  It was about the time that our wings arrived that she started getting really fussy, so I decided to try something to occupy her hands and mouth a bit.  I have her a stick of celery to gnaw on. 

And she LOVED it.  She chewed and chewed on that stick content as could be while daddy and I ate our meal.  Eventually she took to just playing with it.  For example she pulled off her socks and was giving herself a celery stick pedicure.  I'm not sure why she kept rubbing the stick on her foot, but she was happy and I wasn't about to rock that boat by taking it away. 

We were able to complete our meal with a content baby from start to finish. 

We might be the luckiest parents alive.  

Of course, we had a few folks that just had to come over to meet the baby.  After we finished our meal I had taken her out of the stroller and sat her on the table in front of me where she played with a paper towel and tried to grab everything in sight. 

When our evening was complete we packed her back up and headed home.  She then took a bottle and snuggled with daddy for a little bit before she started rubbing her eyes like she does when she's tired.  So I got her into her pajamas and put her to bed. 

She is such a good girl.  We are truly blessed to have such a good baby.  She's nearly always happy, even on a bad day full of teething pains.  She makes us laugh.  She is very lovable.  She loves to explore and examine everything.  And she just makes our little world that much brighter.



....and I hear her stirring.  Time for lunch I suppose!

Comments

Belledog said…
What a sweet baby Leelu is.

An empowered baby (control of the light switch!) and entertained by celery, no less.

You lucked out, GG.

Amazing to me baby is 8.5 months old already.

It seemed you were pregnant about 3 years, and Natalie's first year is flying by.

Glad you are having so much fun with her.
Brian said…
great article. Thanks for sharing this. Its rare to find a blog that shares such personal information. Your daughter is absolutely adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic