Life Changes, Big & Smal

Okay, first of all, forgive me if I don't catch all of my typo's on this post, as I'm using the new keyboard on my new desktop computer at the house.  I've not blogged from anything other than my laptop for so long my fingers hardly know what to do with themselves on this big ass keys. 

I'd like to say a few words in reference to my trucking career before I move forward with the newness and news in my life. 

I am officially done with trucking (for at least 18 years I suspect) and while I'm glad to be home everyday, showering without shoes at will, and eating out of a fridge instead of a 12 volt cooler or truck stop buffet, I'll miss being a trucker.

I had many adventures (and just as many misadventures) while I was out on the road.  And while this last stint wasn't quite as long as the first, I still had a lot of fun doing what I do best, holding a steering wheel and keeping a 65' rig between the lines (most of the time... c'mon someone has to test those rumble strips occasionally).

I truly do enjoy driving, regardless of what type of vehicle it is.  And I am glad that 5 years ago I took the initiative to get my CDL and hit the open road.  I'm glad I also had you, my readers, to tag along with me.  I never dreamed I'd end up with anyone at all reading the tales, trials and tribulations of my learning to be (and subsequent becoming) an over-the-road truck driver.  And what started as a way for me to sort of memorialize my journey transformed into a way to share my experiences with people who were (for whatever reason) genuinely interested in hearing about them.  I thank you all very much for hanging out with me over here!

So there it is.  Trucking fin.

Now, on to the latest business and buzz in the rapidly changing life of Gi-Gi Roxx.

I am now nearing the halfway mark of my pregnancy.  Everything is right on track and the baby looks healthy according to the midwife and ultrasound tech.  I actually had my first glimpse of my precious little nugget just this past Monday and was just in absolute awe at what I saw on that big screen.  A  healthy little baby, having a party inside my body.  Arms were all over the place, waving and raising the roof.  Legs were crossing, and uncrossing and kicking about.  Ten fingers, ten toes and adorable little nose were all clearly visible via ultrasound.  Oh modern technology is really just amazing.

The scan too nearly an hour, as the tech checked all of the important parts like brain, heart, lungs, other organs and bone formations.  We saw a profile of the cutest little face and got a rather creepy front facing face picture which hubby just had to have for Halloween.  

After making sure everything was good it was time to see if the little one would hold still and stop crossing legs long enough to see if gender could be determined... and there it was... three lines which indicate little bitty lady parts.

Yep, we're having a little princess!

We couldn't be more thrilled to be having a baby girl, a healthy baby girl.  Now if only we could actually get anywhere near choosing a name!

Aside from the whole pregnancy thing, other little changes are occurring in my life.  Since coming off the road this past weekend I have started a new part time seasonal job at a local retail store.  I actually started yesterday, having begun the real training today.  Thankfully I have tomorrow off because these lazy trucker legs are NOT used to being used for more than a quick walk into a truck stop or rest area and back.  I was actually on my feet for a solid 7 hours today and my feet are certainly letting me know how they feel about that. 

I'm sure I'll readjust to life in the vertical position.  But it's gonna be one of those 'no pain no gain' sort of things I think.  I'm likely only working until just after the new year, however, so I don't have to suffer long if my lazy bones don't really get into the groove of it all. 

And now that I started thinking about my aching feet I have completely derailed any train of thought I might have had.  So I will close this post by wishing everyone well. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
good luck and congrats on the new life ya'll created...
The Daily Rant said…
This is very exciting! And a girl?! Even better!

The road will miss you, but we look forward to hearing about all your new experiences!

Congrats on the local job too!
Angela said…
** I accidentally clicked the "delete" instead of "post" comment when I received the e-mail notice about this comment from my buddy "some asian guy"... so here's what he wrote:

"the trucking may have stopped, but the journey continues. will be interesting to see how the blog morphs.

good luck in retail. oofah. hope the peoples don't drive you crazy."
Trixie said…
I hope you took lots of pics with the big rig for the baby ... even if it is a girl! She'll hit the age of 4 and want to know every detail of the cab and so on!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic