Brrr Duckies!

It went from a pleasant mid-to-upper 70's to lower 40's in about 24 hours and I'm not quite sure I like it. I am sitting here right now in a sweatshirt, sweatpants and praying that my laptop warms up soon so my legs will get a little warmer. If only I had knitted that little tiny sweater to keep my nose warm.

I know I need to get washed up and head out to run a few errands before my night run tonite. But I just haven't mustered up any motivation. It took me 20 minutes to decide to crawl out from under my super warm comforter this morning. And when I did, I wasn't happy about the decision to do so. So now I have to decide to get into a hot shower... which ends by getting out into a cold bathroom sopping wet. Not sure I'm game yet.

I do need to get to the bank though. Finally earned myself a full paycheck and I really need to get it deposited. It's good to be off of the short-term disability which was only half pay.

And I need to return to the grocery store, as I forgot the two most important items I had intended to get when I went yesterday... Coffee and Yogurt. I must have coffee to keep me going and yogurt for my smoothies.

Plus I need to get errands run so I can hit the hay again. I need to try to get at least a one hour nap in before I head into work for my night run tonite. I ran this same run Wednesday night, it's not a super busy run but it's a long straight eight run with few breaks. So I need to be at the top of my game so I don't risk snoozing behind the wheel.

I really hate night runs. I'm not a night owl like I used to be growing up. I'm a morning person. I prefer going to bed before 10pm and being up around 6 am. That's my ideal. But this job just doesn't allow for any semblance of my ideal, what with night runs and early morning trippers that make me wake and rise around 3 am. It's hectic and erratic and well... annoying.

I tell you what though, not having that blasted gallbladder to contend with is making life on the bus much more tolerable. I hadn't realized how irritable and miserable that it was making me before surgery. My work stress level has gone down quite a bit and I don't fear sudden painful attacks any longer. It's making life a little easier. Now if I could just get a more regular schedule things would be nearly perfect.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi there! I found your blog while searching for pics of the pumpkin festival and just wanted to say hello since I'm a fellow blogger from the charleston area!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up