What's the Buzz...

I generally title a blog before I write it. You don't know it, but as I type this one... it's untitled. When you read it I'm sure it will have title... as I think it is required by blogger that all blogs have a title. But as I started this blog, I just wasn't sure what an appropriate title would be.


I have one little bit of news. Nothing special really just a tid-bit which might promote laughter.


Since January when I cut off my long locks for a short stylish hair cut my better half has been nearly begging me to "cut it shorter". Actually a few months ago this request changed to "let me cut it for you". I always thought he was kidding, but persistence showed he was serious.

This past weekend we were camping in Ohio with access to water and electricity and as he needed to be sheared, we took our clippers along for the trip. Sunday afternoon I shaved his head and he trimmed mine up. I was a little tipsy and didn't know what I was doing. I swear.

He ended up just trimming up the sides, to nearly half inch long. My hair wasn't that long to begin with but half inch was a little shocking. Not to mention that his hair cutting skills left me with long tufts of hair over my ears while the rest was neatly trimmed.

I dealt with it... half drunk for the remainder of our weekend, which included Monday.

Tuesday morning I was to be headed back to my truck to start a new round of pick-ups and deliveries. After hearing "let me cut it the rest of the way" or "let me cut it how I want to cut it just once" for pretty much the whole day on Monday and more that fine Tuesday morning I sucked in a huge breath and as I exhaled I said....

"Okay... get the clippers."

Now, at first his creation was going to be just cleaning up what he'd already done to me on Sunday and doing some creative trimming to the top. I looked in the mirror with a fairly disgusted look when I realized it looked like I'd let a 3 yr. old loose with the clippers. I'm sure he meant well... but it didn't look good.

So I told him through pursed lips... "just cut it all off the same length as the back and sides." And he began to take those necessary long swipes from the forehead back. He says I look great.

I looked in the mirror with uncertainty... and for the whole day of Tuesday I felt embarrassed and a little hurt by the fact that I now looked like GI Jane, buzz cut and all.

But lemme tell you what... when Wednesday morning rolled around and I didn't need a hat to cover up my ridiculous bed head... I started to like it a little more. It's definitely going to take some getting used to. And I've been called "sir" at least three times now. But it's not as bad as I felt that it was on day one.

And thankfully my hair grows fast.

Apart from hair adventures nothing much else has been going on. I picked up a load in my home town which took me to Georgia. From Georgia I went to SC and up to MD. I sit in MD right now waiting to make a retarded 1am delivery. I can't sleep... as I should be doing right now. And I know that once I do get some zzz's going... they're gonna come knocking for me to get docked.

But that's how it goes I suppose.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm not a big fan of short hair on most women. I like the long locks but some women can pull off short hair and I have to say, you can pull it off. I think the new short hair looks great.
Anonymous said…
i think it looks good on you!!
Anonymous said…
Know you look kinda like a teenage boy. Think maybe your boyfriend is trying to tell you he's gay?
Angela said…
Anon: quite certain the ol' man isn't gay. But thanks for the non-compliment. You're super non-sweet.

Thanks Kevin and tedybehr... I'm really still trying to get used to it... but can't wait for it to grow out! haha
The Daily Rant said…
Ya know, I think I really kinda like it. I wish I had the guts to do something like that. I'm actually battling with the opposite task - trying to get mine to grow longer at the request of MY man.

I cut it really short in Apr 2006 after a crappy perm destroyed it and I've been loving the short look since. Now he wants me to grow it longer and I'm hating the in between stage.

The thing that makes it so nice on you is that you have beautiful eyes and great skin. The only addition I would make? A tiny pair of hoop earrings. (in the ears, my friend. The ears.)
Angela said…
Ya know I was actually thinking about re-piercing my ears. I just might do that next time I go home. I've not had earrings in the existing holes in over 5 years.. and I tried to put in some my dad bought me for x-mas last year and they wouldn't go thru.
Unknown said…
I think it's cute on you. There are way too many times that I've threatened to buzz mine off but I have naturally curly hair and the growing out process would leave me looking like a poodle, yuck. Anyway, you have great bone structure so can pull off the super-short hair.

Gabrielle
Anonymous said…
gigi... it looks good. I think this is actually a better pic than your profile pic.
TripleT said…
Personally I think it is too short. I liked it on your icon though. This short does make you look sort of boyish.

I agree w/ Daily Rant though, you do have gorgoeus eyes, nice skin and a beautiful face. You look great w/ short hair, just not that short, or maybe it is the way you have combed/brushed it. try to spike it, see how it turns out. You could be like that O'conner diet Guru lady.
Angela said…
I absolutely love all the feedback on this blog. From negative to positive. I don't really give two shits what anyone thinks... but it's interesting to see what people have to say. LOL

TripleT: I hadn't combed or brushed the hair in any way actually. My hair is only about 3/4 inch long in that picture... not much you can do with it.

It's starting to grow out a little though, so now I'm dealing with very minor bedhead. But it's gonna do it's thang and I'll end up wearing a ball cap until it's a little longer.

woo hoo.
some asian guy said…
smart, in a bad-ass pixie kind of way. i like it.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic