Paradigm Shift

Ok so apparently things have changed no only over on the old Facebook but also here on the old Blogger.  W T F is this crap?

Reading, you probably don't see a darn thing different, since I haven't actually changed the look of my blog since my last reinvention (which is still being met with opposition for some reason).  But as I am posting this, what I see is completely different from what it was when I posted the last blog about my NYC adventure. 

I'm not completely happy. 

But I'll adapt and accept it after a few uses.  I was just taken off guard by it today. 

And I'm not a bit bitter about it like some folks were about the changes made over at the Facebook website.  Man, people were freakin' salty about that whole "timeline" thing.  Personally, I loved it from the start.  I think it's a fresh new way of seeing things.  And I never understood the way people reacted so harshly to it because it's only an issue if you're viewing personal pages.  As far as I know anyway, since my feed is exactly the same as it ever was which is pretty much where I do all of my FB playing anyway. 

I guess that really the only beef I have with timeline is that on my iPhone if I DO want to look at someones page it takes it a little longer to load up if they have a cover photo.  I have seen that some folks still haven't installed a cover photo which I adore since it makes viewing their page easier on my phone.  But timeline hasn't really affected me the way it has others, I suppose. 

Oh and before you feel compelled to post that the majority of the timeline opposition was spurned from being "forced" into it, I know that.. and I know that's a big issue with many of the timeline haters.  So please, don't waste your breath trying to explain why you and all of your 756 friends are upset over the installation of timeline. I get it, but don't care.  I love timeline.  So there.

Anyway.  After my big NYC trip I delivered the freight to a facility just outside of Chicago where I hung out with a fellow company driver (shouts to Steven) while we both waited for follow-up work assignments.  He was trying to get home to Texas and I was just trying to get some more miles.  Last week was a rough one even with the short haul pay for the three stops on the NYC assignment, I will have a small paycheck because I hardly had any real miles.

When I got my work assignment before my fellow driver I was tickled to be able to get moving.  As I looked it over in the pre-assignment section of the new system I saw that I was going to be delivering right near where the other driver was trying to get to.  When he asked me what I got I was reluctant to answer, and nearly lied, because I knew it would piss him off.  Not at me, mind you, but at the planners for not giving him the load. He was due home time, and the assignment would have taken him pretty much home.

He did get irritated when I told him, but was distracted when his computer indicated he was receiving a new assignment as well.  I hoped he was getting something good, something that took him right home.  But alas, he was getting two back to back crappy assignments that got him only as far as Arkansas.  I felt terrible.  But there was nothing I could do.  He called his boss to ask why he was getting screwed and since he kept the window rolled down, I got to hear the exchange. 

Turns out for whatever reason the system shows him as not having a HazMat endorsement on his CDL which kept him from getting MY assignment which was a placarded load.  He has the endorsement but at that point it was too little, too late.  For me, having learned this the feeling of "terrible" wasn't good enough and I was feeling severe empathy for this guy.  He just wanted to go home.  And I just wanted miles and there wasn't anything I could do.  I can't tell my boss to take my assignment off of me and put it on him, it doesn't work that way.  If I could have, honestly I would have.  Because I know how it feels to want to get home and not make it when you want to.

So anyway, I offered him candy and snacks in order to offer an olive branch and he declined.  I had finished up my trip plan and decided to roll out to my pick-up location.  I know he was upset, but there wasn't anything to be done about it on my end.  I just hope he gets home sooner rather than later.

So the place I was headed to for my pick-up was a place which I went to after coming out of the house this last time.  Having picked up there before I knew the drill so when I arrived I knew I could dock right away in one of the 5 designated docks and then go in and check in.  The pick-up time window was the same as before also, so I knew that it wasn't accurate and that when I got there at one o'clock they would be out on lunch for a half an hour. 

But once lunch was over I was loaded right away and on the road less than an hour after arriving. 

There are a lot of similarities in this load as the first one I picked up out of there a few weeks ago, including the name of the business to which I was delivering to.  Only instead of going to the same place in Missouri, I will be headed to a facility in Texas with it.  And also, it's much lighter than it was the first time.  The first load was nearly 45K and this one is only around 26K. 

I'll deliver the load Monday morning and hopefully be getting a load going towards home myself.  I'm scheduled for time off Friday through Sunday, so we'll see if I make it on time or not.  It's always questionable from Texas.  But I figure I'll get lucky, since the Universe seems to be on my side lately. 

And while I'm on that topic, I have to say that I am still mystified at how smoothly things in life are going right now. I'm hoping this doesn't jinx it, but I just want to put it out there.  I have had my troubles recently, don't get me wrong.  But over all life has been pretty darn good lately.  Even when I think things are getting rough and tumble, everything works out.  And I have to thank the Universe for having my back and helping me hold onto this optimism and positivity.  

I guess I'm in my own little personal paradigm shift and I'm quite liking it.


Comments

Anonymous said…
If you think its good or you think its bad then you are most likley right!
The Daily Rant said…
OK, even though you said not to waste the breath, I'm still going to. I HATE the timeline on FB. So there.

I also hate the new Blogger layout, but I discovered that you don't need to use it - you can revert to old Blogger, which is what I do. I'm on the iPad now, so I don't remember exactly where it is, but if you want to know, email or inbox me on FB and I'll look at it and tell you where I found it. I just find the old one easier to look at and use.

Later!
Angela said…
Salena, I figured out the revert to old blogger thing... I'm happy again. :)
Angela said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up