It's been a while, huh? I've been busy, busy and sick. Not a fun combination really, but I survived. The new truck and I are still getting along, however I discovered today that there may be an issue with the power steering. Luckily it's due for PM so as soon as I get to one of our terminals I will have it checked and/or fixed. I'm wondering if I am gonna end up repeating the same maintenance process from step one again just like I did with Trucky. One of the first big problems that I had with Trucky was the power steering... I truly hope this isn't going to be indicative of the maintenance future my new truck and I will have to look forward to. Oh, and I suppose I should go ahead and formally introduce my new ride to my readers. Everyone, meet Squeak aka : Kenny . You're probably wondering, as everyone has so far, why on earth I've chosen the name Squeak? Well honestly, it was a day-one name that came to mind because of the various squeaking noises that oc...
I find it entertaining that my last post has drawn out so many voices. No matter what they say, the good, the bad and the ugly... I like it. Makes me feel all special and stuff. hahaha I have been learning to cope with being called "sir" since I let the ol' man loose with clippers on my head. It's been a total of 5 times now that I've had to correct someone by pointing out that I do indeed have boobs. Of course I suppose that doesn't really matter since half of the truck driving males out here have man-boobs. I saw a guy today with boobs much bigger than my own. I thought about asking if he needed a good "lift and separate" but I thought he might not understand the humor in such a question. UGH - I'm bored out of my mind today. I drove all of 350 miles from MD to NY today and I am now sitting here waiting to sleep. After sleep I can wake up. And after I wake up I can drive 20 miles to where I will deliver the rest of the load that is in ...
So I've finally arrived back to some sort of normalcy since my 10 day vacation. Which, by the way, was amazing on so many levels. My first run back was a late night pick up, all night run, and early morning delivery that took me from our Columbus terminal to Warren, OH to acquire the load then over to Rochester, NY to deliver. It was exhausting, especially since I'd had a full nights' sleep the night before and couldn't do more than cat nap before hitting the road after sunset. After I delivered, I shut down for a ten hour break behind the K-Mart store I had delivered at and managed about a two hour nap in the scorching heat. I idled off and on but to little avail. It was near 100 degrees out and this is not a girl who likes to sweat. 10 hr DOT break complete I headed over to Macedon, NY to pick up my next assignment, only to get there and be told it didn't exist. argh. So I moved down the street a piece to a local Wal-Mart where I occupied 65' of space for a fe...
Comments